Gundam Books

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

SteamTrooper

Gundam Books

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:29 pm

Well I have finally got my sticking little paws on Book 1 and 2 of the Gundam Series - now I find myself in the position of not being able to get hold of Book 3 - I have tried Ebay but nothing at the moment - wondered if anyone new of a site that might have the novelisation on it or even an online bookstore that holds it?

Worth a try.. :)

Adam

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:00 pm

$6.95 on http://www.abebooks.com

Confrontation (Gundam Mobile Suit Series, Vol. 3)
ISBN: 034535740X

Have at it!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:03 pm

Cheers Tach

`The Circle is now complete` - shame they arent in absolute Mint condition like mine - (until I got them) :D - I realy should hold books with both hands when reading rather than like some buffoon with a hook for one hand - that and a terrible habit of reading them in the bath :oops: .

Thanks again..

Adam

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:11 am

I bought all 3 when they first came out. However, over the years I've lost books 1 and 2. I'd love to find them again.
Shinei!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:34 pm

Its interesting. The first novel follows the TV series almost exactly, but book 2 starts diverging, and the last book is TOTALLY different!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:15 pm

Grebo Guru wrote:Its interesting. The first novel follows the TV series almost exactly, but book 2 starts diverging, and the last book is TOTALLY different!
From what I've heard, the Novel is the way that Tomino wanted to end it, but the Powers That Be wouldn't allow it. Thats why the two differ so much.

Probably just rumor though.
Shinei!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:34 am

Ive heard that too, but yeah, its hard to say if thats true or not.

Kuruni

Hmm...

Post by Kuruni » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:13 am

Found at en.wikipedia.org...
Tomino later lamented that had he known that anime ending would be different and that another series would be made, he would not have killed ***BEEP***. These novels are official, yet are not widely regarded as the official story due to these differences.
PS. I'm quite surprise to see so much and interesting information for Gundam on this web encyclopedia. It has some information that not even feature on MAHQ.
Last edited by Kuruni on Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justice will never lose!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:22 am

Wow... Way to ruin the ending for anyone who hasn't read all the books yet, dude!!!

Kuruni

Yapai...

Post by Kuruni » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:05 am

Oop! That's just sliped through my mind at that moment...

*EDIT THE POST*
Justice will never lose!

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:38 pm

LOL - Now who could ***BEEP*** be? (muses).

I think (could be wrong) that I heard that the original series was to be something like 13 episodes longer but due to company policies and internal issues this was not allowed and was wrapped up in about another 4 - Cant recall where I read this - maybe in the Prologue of the Novel (Ill check) - but it would explain some of the differences - especially the ending I guess.

As a wise old detective oft said "One more thing" - I have the Sentinal Gundam book (Im sure most of you do - great isnt it?) - but scanning some old Model Graphix the other night I noticed a very small advert for the one I own (The Bust on cover) and also a second Book/Cover which although very small looked to be Drawn rather than a model? - anyone know what this is? I wasnt aware that a second book existed - just wondered.

Thanks in advance.

Adam