Gundam ZZ

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Daishikaze

Gundam ZZ

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:11 pm

Am I the only one who thoroughly enjoyed this series?
Last edited by Daishikaze on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:51 pm

Just a quick anal note -- Its title is actually Gundam ZZ.

Anyway, I liked the second half of the series OK, even though the heroes' role was totally pointless -- the story of the show would have played out pretty much exactly the same even if the Gundam Team and the Ahgama hadn't existed.

The first half of the series -- the comedic half -- was painful to watch.

Elpi Puru was the most irritating Gundam character to date.

The massive array of new mobile suits in the show was a wonderful thing.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:21 pm

I'm hoping I can find a way someday to watch Gundam ZZ subtitled.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:51 pm

I didn't really mind the comedic half, I found myself laughing quite a bit. I guess its because I went into it knowing what to expect so I wasn't bothered one bit, I actually Enjoyed. Though I had just watched all of Zeta beforehand, so I was in need of a boost, I think if watched in the proper frame of mind the whole series very good.

The Mobile suits all kicked major ass, I can't think of one design I didn't like.

and I liked Elpi Puru AND Chara Soon

I always say ZZ Gundam, I guess because it sound more natural too me, I have to break that habit.
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:34 am

I hate the series. :evil:

MS designs are ok, not as good as Zeta IMO, but designs are one thing, and crappy story is another. I almost cried (in anger :x ) when I saw the Zeta Zaku... feel so cheated and felt like it destroyed the whole U.C story. The other crappy U.C story would be G-Saviour, but we only have to bear through an hour of it. I wonder how they managed to make it a series with such crap.

Elpi Puru is quite irritating but the top of the chart should be Quess from the movie Char's Counterattack.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:05 am

well, benjamin (greboguru) ran an RPG where we were retelling the ZZ story from the beginning. It was a lot more fun than the series, and we managed to put a lot of laughs in it anyway.

I got the honor of disabiling the Endora in the 2nd episode, by tricking Judo into doing something stupid. Of course he got blamed for it. (and yes, Judo was being played by one of the players, who went along with it because it was so funny...)

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:11 am

So in answer to my Question, Yes I'm the only one who Thoroughly enjoyed this series, ouch.

Now I guess I know how the Wingers feel

Zoxesyr

Post by Zoxesyr » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:56 pm

o.k. we should stop teasing now.

G-ZZ wasn't very good, but it did have some interesting stuff in it. The ZZ itself is still one of my favorite gundams, I even have a cell of the ZZ in wave rider mode framed in my office.

Sign of Haro

Post by Sign of Haro » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:59 pm

I haven't seen ZZ yet. BT keeps dying out on the fansub batches and I'm not going to bother tracking down HKs for it.

Friends of mine tell me that it's not bad if you just start at episode 20 and stop at 40 or so.

I'll get around to seeing it somehow though... there's a few things I want to see in it. Namely Wong getting the crap kicked out of him by Judau, and see some of those MS in action. I love the mecha designs in ZZ.

Xavadis

Post by Xavadis » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:06 am

I could have done without the slapstick stuff, but the MS design was great. I would love to see another Gundam series that had a lot of non-Gundam design like ZZ had, instead of this recycled Seed stuff.

ShinDVDz

Post by ShinDVDz » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:33 pm

I never seen ZZ before...actually, I havent even seen Z before! :(
But I've always liked that one green thing...it was big and piloted by Puru2?

Xavadis

Post by Xavadis » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:11 pm

The Quin-Mantha...yea, great design, very Zion-y

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:34 pm

Xavadis wrote:The Quin-Mantha...yea, great design, very Zion-y
Y'know, not to be argumentative, but... Id like to make the case that the Quin Mantha (or "Queen Mantha," as I've been in the admittedly not-quite-right habit of calling it) is actually NOT very Zeonlike at all.

I mean, I still like it a lot. (A giant Psycho-Gundam type Mobile Suit styled and armed like a Qubeley? Hell yeah! But its just very Zeony, to me. It doesn't have mono-eye type sensors (in fact it has Gundam-style dual eyes), its body proportions are very close to those of a classic Gundam or GM type MS, and it even has little forehead antennae, much like several Gundams. I tend to look at the QM as sorta the ultimate "Frankenstein's Monster" type mobile weapons...

Grebo!

FSS is totally emo

Post by FSS is totally emo » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:44 pm

not a fan, i saw a few fansubbed eps, and it was very "for the kids" also, alot of the mecha are just plain ridiculous (Psycho Gundam, FAZZ, etc etc), c'mon a giant Mobile-Suit-Fortress-Stockpile-Wall of Cannons really crosses the line from being cool to stupid

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:52 pm

To each his own, I s'pose. I think it's worth pointing out, however, that the Psycho Gundam actually originated in Zeta Gundam, not Gundam ZZ -- as did the Psycho Gundam MkII, which is the only version which showed up in ZZ. Anyway.
FSS is totally emo wrote:not a fan, i saw a few fansubbed eps, and it was very "for the kids" also, alot of the mecha are just plain ridiculous (Psycho Gundam, FAZZ, etc etc), c'mon a giant Mobile-Suit-Fortress-Stockpile-Wall of Cannons really crosses the line from being cool to stupid