Sentinel novel translation

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sentinel novel translation

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:31 pm

I added a link at the bottom of the Sentinel page to a newly discovered fan translation of the novel.

There are 2 problems with this translation. 1) Chapter 13 is missing. 2) It's a translation of the Chinese version of the novel. After going through 2 whole translations you can bet some stuff was lost.

Well, maybe you guys will enjoy it anyways.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Xavadis

Post by Xavadis » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:39 pm

Thanks for the heads up Tach; I got the first couple chapters translated a while ago by CW so I'm looking forward to finishing it. I just wish Bandai/Sunrise would just put out a animated Sentinel OVA for pete's sake; it's got a fan base, the designs are already made and the models for merchandising.

Hmm, I don't know, maybe it's best it stays unanimated. I really wouldn't want it to look like Gundam Seed. The best comparison to what I think the look of a Sentinel OVA should look like, character and mecha-wise, would be Patlabor 2: The movie. Realistic looking people and detailed, realistic acting mecha, to reflect the look of Katoki's art and the more serious approach made by the original Model Graphix serial.

Interesting pic I found from a issue of B-club; it is a pic of a animated S Gundam and some talk of "OVA" in the text but I'm not sure what it's about.
http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v94 ... 000461.jpg

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:28 pm

Interesting. I hadn't seen that before. It would be nice if we could get a full translation of that.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:15 pm

That is interesting and a little encouraging,but could it be from the animated commercial Bandai made for the S Gundam model kits?
Do you understand?

Xavadis

Post by Xavadis » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:34 pm

kosh wrote:That is interesting and a little encouraging,but could it be from the animated commercial Bandai made for the S Gundam model kits?
I have never seen the commercial but that is probably what it is since the magazine the pic is from is from the late 80's around the time the original Sentinel kits came out. :cry: