Gundam 00

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gundam 00

Post by Tachyon » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:14 pm

Anyone keeping up with Gundam 00? I was just passed a link today for downloads of fansubs. I'm going to have to find time to watch them.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:21 pm

http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00/index.php?

Message Board for Gundam 00 discussion. I haven't had time to read any posts yet.

TeknomanPrime

Post by TeknomanPrime » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:54 pm

thanks boss.

Green Neipier

Post by Green Neipier » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:15 am

I like the new designs. There are a nice change, especially the Gundam Throne series.

Newton

Post by Newton » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:48 pm

Why, yes, I have!

I enjoy the show. The fact that it's set in our own timeline (AD) makes it kind of interesting in that there are no mythical nations in this story. Also, that particular detail makes the intrigue that much cooler.

It's one of those stories that leaves me wondering just who's behind what. A shadowy organization with hidden agendas, a world that's separated into three major power blocs, and the question that NOBODY can answer - just who's in charge of things, and what's the real plan? - make Gundam 00 a lot of fun.

StarBomber109

Post by StarBomber109 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:53 pm

I haven't yet but I plan on it.

I've heard a lot of junk thrown around about the ending from other boards I'm on. Torenting the first episode now though. I hear it's a kind of break from the normal, "War breeds more war" outlook of Gundam (In the beginning at any rate)

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Just finished ep 25 and its the last ep for season 1. seems to be slightly rushed in the last ep but more or less wraps up nicely.

season 2 starts in oct.

the later episodes are much better than the earlier ones. haven't seen a good gundam series for sometime now.

BTW, Igloo 2 is planned for release too, and this time from the pov of the feds.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:39 pm

I totally lost interest on new gundam now(gundam seed and gundam 00), every new gundam series now got too much Jap pop, and don't have enough core gundamness, I am very dispoint.
Acturally I am hype on the gundam unicorn, can't wait for sunrise put out OVA one day.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:35 pm

I've seen the first series. Where are the torrent downloads for the 2nd series?

Great production values and mecha designs. The characters are odd ducks but I guess that's to be expected for Gundam. The premise/storyline was... I won't judge until I've seen the 2nd series.

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:07 pm

Tachyon:
The second half starts in October. Rest assured I'll be shrieking about it the day it shows!

As you know, Part 1 ends with some interesting and deadly changes in characters and situation. There are a couple of teaser trailers out at Tokyo Toshokan, but I have not watched them yet. Right now I'm ready to wait until the show starts.

2KMan: I've felt that way since Gundam went from Universal Century to the first "all Gundam all the time" series. Great way to sell Gundam models; poor way to tell stories. I've always felt that variety in mecha design without becoming a "freak of the week" giant robot show was Gundam's strong point.

I've been very happy with Gundam OO because of the twisty plot, and for the fact that all parties are not "blessed" with Gundam units. So far, it looks like they're going to keep that old school formula in the series' second half.

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Oh, one more thing:

Tachyon, you're awfully generous by describing the main characters as "odd ducks." The four main pilots have been, for the most part, real weenies. The strength of the writing is that they made them *intriguing* weenies, good enough to get me to stick around and watch them develop.

What thrills me is that they all developed during the course of the first half, to the point where by the end they were different (if not better) than they were in the beginning. I'm eager to see what happens this time around.

The secondary characters have also been very interesting. It's good to see complex motives again, and characters who are "doing the right thing" as well as a few stone-cold psychopaths on all sides.

This kind of stuff brings me back to series, Gundam or not.

Daishikaze

Re: Gundam 00

Post by Daishikaze » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:38 pm

I've read and heard alot of things about this series and I have one question: Is it Gundam Wing 2.0?
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm

I haven't seen the 2nd season and I never got a chance to watch Gundam Wing. I suspect you'll find strong similarities. Gundam 00's violent, anti-social tendencies add another layer of nuttiness to the cake.

arigatou

Post by arigatou » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:59 am

Now a new Gundam series too much the JAP pop-up, and did not sufficient core gundamness, I am very dispoint.