Post by Harlan Rosen » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:02 am

Terry Sanders, Jr. is the man!

Lightning

.-.

Post by Lightning » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:55 am

.-. eh eh.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:13 am

I myself perfer GUndam 0080, 08th wasn't even totally played in America, and the last show could have been much better anyways. (Talking about the show they left out in America)

o.o

Post by o.o » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:55 pm

o.o Hm... they just should have finished the run of First Gundam. It was the best OYW Story.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:04 pm

When it comes to Gundam OAV stories Gundam 0083 was my favorite. I liked them all, though. I'm going to pony up the cash and buy all of 0083 on DVD soon.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:43 pm

I liked 0083, it's just that....the Ziel and Stamen were 4 years advancded for there time. Still, it was a great series. I kinda feel sorry of Synapse, he gets assinated for saving the earth.....And Gato dieing was also another touching part, although it could have been done kinda better in my opinion.

kosh

Gatos death

Post by kosh » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:55 am

The way Gato died at the end of 0083 was,IMHO,the perfect way for Gato to die.He was a true soldier of his cause right to the end,any other death for him or if he had survived would have been anticlimatc.
Do you understand?

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:13 pm

I don't know: Machines with legs should be fighting on the ground.

And there was just something special about the Ez8 vs. that hopped-up Gouf . . .

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:46 am

IMO, Gundam 0080 was excellent but for one problem: the stats of the MSs. They were crazy! (Especially the Alex and the Gelgoog Jager.)

Gundam 0083 was terrific, but for two problems:

(1) It flew in the face of continuity. Previous to its creation, the timelines said that pretty much nothing happened in 0083 (except the rollout of the GMII). And I can't swallow the "It was all covered up by the Fed spooks" excuse -- A freakin' COLONY fell on North America and destroyed its granaries. Can't cover that up. Also, Zeta never needed that kind of catastrophe to spur the creation of the cruel, corrupt Titans. I liked it better when they came about naturally, through post-1YW anti-Spacenoids paranoia and scapegoat-ism.

(2) It felt much more like a Macross story than a Gundam story to me. A GOOD Macross story (better than most others, actually), but still.

08th MS Team was, IMO, a travesty. I loved the fight against Norris Packard in his Gouf Custom, but other than that is was allll messed up. Why?

(1) It totally ignored continuity. The whole point of original Gundam was that the Gundam was being ferried around from place to place wherever it was needed. And yet, all that time, the Federation had TWENTY more Gundams? Digging ditches in Asia, no less? Also, the idea of mass-produced Gundams and limited-production GMs made of Lunar Titanium is a bit much for the 1YW... Especially when you note that the 08th MS Team series starts well before the Federation even rolled out any GMs at all (during the attack on Jaburo in the original Gundam TV series). Sheesh. Admittedly, all this has been shoehorned back into some semblance of continuity thanks to tons of retconning by Sunrise's and Bandai's staff, but it should never have happened like this at all.

(2) The hero was so goddamn boring and he always got to do EVERYthing. His teammates were so much cooler than him, yet virtually all they ever got to do was back him up, admire him, or worry about him.

(3) The tech was SO out of control! The Apsalus could fly faster than the sound barrier using only Minovsky propulsion. Ridiculous!!! No Mobile Weapon could do that until 74 years later, in 0153! (The V Gundam)

Overall, I am sick and tired of One Year War sidestories. It is too tight a window. What the world needs are some Zeta and ZZ-era sidestories! There is SO much room for sidestories and crazy MS tech in there that its not even funny. C'mon, Sunrise! Give us some love!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:43 am

Exactly! The One Year War era is interesting but I think it's been overexposed with side stories and video games. The Z/ZZ era is ripe for side stories. Cool new technologies wouldn't be so out-of-place and there's so much going on within a relatively short period of time.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:13 am

Hopefully with the advent of the Zeta Gundam compilation movies, we'll finally see the Grypps Conflict era expanded upon...

kosh

Post by kosh » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:17 am

Don't get your hopes up too much,SEED Destiny is going to be the main focus for a while,IMO.That in its' self wouldn't be so bad if the show had decent characters,interesting MS designs and an original,interesting plot,however..........
Do you understand?

Kuruni

*SIGH*...Destiny

Post by Kuruni » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:09 am

Only thing good I expect from Destiny is some nice MP3 song...

Wonder what would be next? Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Double Destiny? :|
Justice will never lose!

AslanCross

Post by AslanCross » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:45 am

About the Apsalus's Minovsky craft---I think the reason why it wasn't implemented on MS-scale units is because of power requirements and the sheer size of the apparatus. (Apsalus was powered by three reactors cannibalized from Doms and was big enough)
The technology was only successfully miniaturized for MSes (leading to the Xi's Minovsky Engine and V2's Minovsky Drive) much later.

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:04 pm

Im afraid I dont buy this answer... The power output from 3 Doms is 3807kw. (1269kw x3) By the time of Zeta Gundam there are Mobile Suits with generator outputs that high. Heck, the Z'Gok's output is almost that high, and the MSM-10 Zock's is higher. On top of that, all of the Mobile Armors from the One Year War have power outputs much higher than the Apsalus (many over 10,000kw). In fact, in terms of Generator Output, the Apsalus is the wimpiest MA of the One Year War. Therefore, its power output cannot be the feature that makes it able to do what it does.

Remember, the difference between Minovsky CRAFT and Minovsky DRIVE is radical. The Minvoksy Craft effect is in use by some ships and Mobile Armor during the one year war, and was first installed in an MS in UC 0104 (Hathaway's Flash). The Minovksy Craft effect is simple levitation; it does not involve rapid travel. The Minovsky DRIVE is first invented and used in UC 0153, in the V2 Gundam. The M-Drive can use Minovsky effect alone to accelerate the MS by up to 20 G's. This is a radical innovation -- an electromagnetic propulsion system which requires no propellant.

In 08th MS Team, we saw the Apsalus move so fast that it broke the sound barrier -- and it did that without the use of any thrusters at all. It was purely on Minovsky propulsion. This happened during the One Year War -- 74 years before the technology to do such a thing was developed. This is where I cry "bullshit". The writers of 08th MS Team went WAY out of bounds with this. It is simply outrageous. This, and the many other continuity failures, and the crappy story, and the retarded utilization of characters, all come together to make me hate 08th MS team. (Except for the episode where Norris kicks everyone's ass. Yay Norris!)