Gundam Z-Heirs To The Stars Movie 1

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Blustar

Gundam Z-Heirs To The Stars Movie 1

Post by Blustar » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:42 pm

I can't seem to find out this info, so I thought I'd ask. Are these movies coming stateside any time soon or should I wait for the official release?

I've watched the entire MSG-Tv Series, the original movies (both VHS and DVD) and I am now on episode 3 of Zeta Gundam. When I'm done with Z Gundam should I watch the movies before continuing or head into Char's Counter Attack?

Will I miss anything major if I skip ZZ and head straight for CCA?

I was then planning on doing the OVA's I missed like 08th Team, etc...

Is this a good plan for viewing this huge series?

I want to watch Victory Gundam and Turn A but the boots are so poorly translated that they take alot of the fun out of it for me. Are there any other sources for better fan subs than the Chinese botos you get from Ebay and the like?

thanks,

Blue

ps- I also have Votoms on its way plus the first DVD in the Aura Battler Dunbine series. These animes are addicting...

hitori

Re: Gundam Z-Heirs To The Stars Movie 1

Post by hitori » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:33 pm

Blustar wrote:I can't seem to find out this info, so I thought I'd ask. Are these movies coming stateside any time soon or should I wait for the official release?
I think the official word was that this would not be distributed outside of Japan.
But they may change their mind.
This is something I would like to see an English adaptation of as well.
Blustar wrote:When I'm done with Z Gundam should I watch the movies before continuing or head into Char's Counter Attack?
Go ahead and watch Char's Counter Attack.
Blustar wrote:Will I miss anything major if I skip ZZ and head straight for CCA?
You won't miss much.
I actually regretted watching ZZ, but you should decide for yourself :)
Blustar wrote:I was then planning on doing the OVA's I missed like 08th Team, etc...
Is this a good plan for viewing this huge series?
O8th MS Team is excellent.
It creates a lot of problems with chronology, but it is beautifully animated and fun to watch.
Also check out '0083 Stardust Memory'

Turn A is also excellent.
It doesn't feel at all like a Gundam series though.
It is written and directed by Director Tomino like the original series, but he created it to be something like an anti-Gundam.
But I liked it anyways because I'm not one of the Gundam purists. ;)

Victory Gundam I also regretted watching.

If you get a chance, also check out the MS IGLOO series.
It's a 6 episode 3D animation OAV's that play out what happened at the end of the One Year War told in Zeon's perspective.

Blustar

Re: Gundam Z-Heirs To The Stars Movie 1

Post by Blustar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:01 am

hitori wrote: Victory Gundam I also regretted watching.
Why did you regret Victory Gundam? Was it too depressing or something? Is it the last canon Gundam TV series for UC?

Thanks for the replies,

Blue

zeta_pilot

Post by zeta_pilot » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:39 pm

The shows i would recommend is all Gundam shows in the Universal century If you can i would watch them in order. All the OVAs are good to watch as well. Igloo being the newest and most realistic.

The only show i regret watching is ZZ gundam, but if you want to know what happens to Haman's Neo Zeon you will have to watch this show. The Zeta movies have a different outcome to Haman, so in my opinion both the Zeta movies and ZZ fit with CCA. So you can probably skip ZZ after watching the Zeta movies. I think the Zeta movies are going to be released sometime this year in the USA.

I don't know whats wrong with Victory Gundam, in my opinion its was a good show, I think its one of the best Gundam shows I've seen. I think some people hate it because its very depressing at times and some of the mobile suit designs are crap as well.

Again Turn A Gundam, excellent show. :D