New Nagano Zeta design

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

ninjascience

New Nagano Zeta design

Post by ninjascience » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:54 pm

new Nagano Zeta variation:

Apparently it's from the most recent Newtype mag. Might be a Nightengale redesign?

It goes with this set:
http://flickr.com/photos/ninjascience/s ... 084315863/

which was also published in Newtype sometime back as a set of Zeta MS redesigns by Nagano.

Anybody have good scans of the others? My set isn't super complete, and it missing a few I think.

Engage

Post by Engage » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:51 am

I just wanted to give you this link. I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but I did notice some designs on your flikr account were the same as that link's.

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:49 am

I've got to agree, please credit Quasar for those Zeta pics.

I've got to hand it to you, you find some of the coolest pieces around! Where did you get the Gundriver artwork? There's also an Ikuto Yamashita version of the V Gundam - where did you find that? Plus, there are a bunch of other pics whose sources I'd like to know.

Feel free to PM me with the answers.

Thanks,

-Newt

Newton

Post by Newton » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:51 am

Oh, and I can't figure out what the hell that thing might be. If it's a revised Zeta design, my first thought is that it's maybe a Psycho Gundam Mk II. That's the only war-elephant sized MS I can remember from Zeta.

ninjascience

Post by ninjascience » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:29 am

yeah, I have those works here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninjascien ... 060794336/

and included the ones that seemed to faithful recreations of the Nagano versions. I thought I had the link to the Quasar site in the image set description but I didn't.

I think this new design is the Nightingale. Despite it's color, the 2chan thread where I found it was full of that word, and it seems to have two head crests, like the Nightingale and a large skirt armor coming way out the back.

As for the sources of images in my flickr account. I get most of them from 4chan or 2chan. Some from magazine scans by myself or friends. I just grab whatever strikes my taste as cool, even if I don't know what it's from.
Where did you get the Gundriver artwork? There's also an Ikuto Yamashita version of the V Gundam - where did you find that? Plus, there are a bunch of other pics whose sources I'd like to know.
I'm not sure which pieces you're referring to. Feel free to PM me some links and I'll try and answer! Better yet, join flickr and you can add comments to the photos themselves.

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:24 pm

Mmh, there's some interesting stuff on your flicker, well I knew there was^^, but you've also the lineart of that Nagano artwork, and that one :
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 302&size=o
Now THAT'S a cool Gundam :D

Newton

Post by Newton » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:56 am

I'm definitely going to join flickr. You keep finding great photos, and I've just GOT to comment on some of them!

You just found the Felon battle armor from Quo Vadis 2. That would make a good addition to the QV2 section here at Gears! Did you get it from 4chan or 2chan?

TSP

Post by TSP » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:50 am

Falk wrote:Mmh, there's some interesting stuff on your flicker, well I knew there was^^, but you've also the lineart of that Nagano artwork, and that one :
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 302&size=o
Now THAT'S a cool Gundam :D
It has the HyakuShiki mark on it's head so it probably would be the Type 100. But what is that L-Gaim girl(Leccee?) and pixy doing there?

ninjascience

Post by ninjascience » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:21 pm

Yeah, I found more:

black and white version of the Nightingale pic

Nagano sketch of the Hyaku Shiki, Nightengale and Hambrabi (good catch on that one TSP)

Colored (probably by a fan) version of the nagano sketch.

All three of these images label the big guy (the one in the middle in the last two) as a Nightingale.

btw, is there a rule on the size of posted images? couldn't find one, so I just tried to be reasonable. These all link to flickr which has bigger sizes.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:05 am

wish one day sunrise will take the designs.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

ninjascience

Post by ninjascience » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:55 pm

ack! looks like I was all wrong...

It's not the Nightingale, it's the Nahatgall.

Also, that's not the Type 100, it's the Type 101. There's english names in the bottom corner of the last pic. Also, you can see the kanji for 1 on the head, under the kanji for 100. It's easy to miss because the kanji is just a single dash.

Breda

Post by Breda » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:29 pm

I have some B-club magazine issues from the 80's that have some unused Zeta and ZZ designs, with some Nagano design sketches. I remember Izubuchi saying that Nagano was the original mecha artist on Char's Counterattack, and designed the MS in it. When he turned the designs in, they didnt like them, threw them out and hired Izubuchi to design all the CCA mecha in a week!
Perhaps this Nahatgall was one of the designs Nagano originally did for CCA?????? It doesnt look like something from Zeta, but who knows.

But if it is alongside the Hyaku-Shiki and Hamrabi in the pic NinjaScience posted, then is was probably a design Nagano submitted for Zeta and the ditched it because it was too detailed for the cel animation. Would make for a GREAT resin kit though, hopefully a kit of it will show up at C3 one of these years.

ninjascience

Post by ninjascience » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:14 am

I doubt these designs were done at the same time that he did the original Zeta designs. They are way too modern. They are a bit FSS-ish, which is an element that you see hardly at all in the old Zeta designs. I think these are after the fact, just for fun designs.