Monoeye Gundams

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

deadguydrew

Monoeye Gundams

Post by deadguydrew » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:54 am

First of all hey everyone! I've read this site for a while but this is my first time posting. A friend and I are currently working on a Gundam RPG Resource, and at the moment I'm stuck with researching the Monoeye Gundams. I've found a little information on them through various websites (I can't remember all of them, but I stole a great deal from Wikipedia) and I was hoping one of you might be knowledge enough to tell whether what I have is accurate or not, or point me towards some sites that might have more info on them.

Here's what I have so far, I've double checked the Sisquiede and Dezpada against Wikipedia but we all know Wiki can be innacurate. What I have on the Tera S'ono I found from various websites about the game itself and I think some japanese bbs that I babelfished/googled for translations.

LRX-066 Tera-S'ono
G Generation: Monoeye Gundams
Approximate Era: Zeta (UC 0087)
Height (Mobile Suit Mode) 18 meters
--Height (Mobile Armor Mode) 123 meters
Weight (Mobile Suit Mode) 39.2 tons
--Weight (Mobile Armor Mode) 9680 tons
Armament (Mobile Suit Mode) Beam Saber, Hand Launcher (?)
--Armament (Mobile Armor Mode) Mega Particle Cannon x 4 (one mounted in each petal), and Striker Bits x Unknown amount (apparently function similarly or identically to regular bits) (?)
Pilot: Seleyn Ixpery (Former Zeon Newtype)

Developed as a part of Project Sirene (Siren) by the Flanagan Institution, it was originally unarmed. However incorporated all throughout its design is a massive psycommu system, allowing it to be controlled entirely mentally* as well as to cause enemy pilots to berserk. The Sisquiede and Dezpada were developed as guardian units for it. However when the Sisquiede was stolen, the Tera-S'ono was given its own armaments. The mobile armor mode of the Tera-S'ono wasn't a transformation like many mobile suits, but rather a massive docked system much like the Denrobium Stamen and Orchis, or Freedom and METEOR. It’s mobile armor mode resembled that of the Rafflesia. In the game itself apparently the four particle cannons could be fired as one larger beam, but I'm not entirely sure how that translates over to regular specs.

I think I just copied and pasted these from Wikipedia:

LRX-077 Sisquieda
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Armament: I-Field Launcher (long beam rifle w/built in I-Field generator)
Other: Offense Mode (Engaged by releasing the limiters on the mobile suit engaged for the pilot’s safety.)

LRX-077 Sisquiede, along with it's brother machine LRX-088 Dezpada, was developed as high performance mobile suit use to protect LRX-066 Tera-S'ono. Sisquiede's frame was derived from Gundam type mobile suit but with monoeye sensor. Armed with I-field launcher a special cannon which is a combination of a long beam rifle with a powerful megacannon. As name implied, this cannon also has a built-in I-field barrier generator provides Sisquiede a strong defense against beam projectile.
There is no mobile suit with performance equal to Sisquiede. But since Titans design it to be used by oldtype (as Dezpada is newtype use machine) and it turn out to be too powerful to handle, its OS usaully operate with only limited performance. This limiter can be unlock and Sisquiede will switch to Offense Mode allow it to fight with full potential. However, the Offense Mode puts an excessive amount of stress on the pilot and can be active only for a short period.
Sisquiede was stolen from Gryps space colony by Sigfreid Wedner, an Anti-Earth Union Group's member and former-member of Zeon's special force, at same time the Gundam Mk-II was taken by Quattro Bagina and Kamille Bidan. It later paint in similar colour scheme of Gundam Mk-II and use as Sig's personal mobile suit.

LRX-088 Dezpada
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Armament: Missile Launcher (2 x Types, Mounted In Binders), Psy-Rods (Psycommu Controled Sea Serpents) x 4, Beam Saber, Beam Cannon
Other: Large Weapons Binders x 2 (Mounted one to an arm), System Fafnir (Greatly increases a Newtype’s powers)

The Fafnir System magnifies a Newtype's power which combined with the remotely controlled Psy-Rods and Newtype's natural precog powers makes it a very formidable mobile suit. However the performance of the Dezpada is inferior to that of the Sisquiede in Offense Mode.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:46 pm

I found some images I've been meaning to scan but I don't know much about the mobile suits.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:00 pm

try google.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

deadguydrew

Post by deadguydrew » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:32 pm

I have, a lot :)