Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Gundam Encyclopedia

Post by Tachyon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:52 pm

http://www.hlj.com/product/MDW23411

New Gundam encyclopedia. What will be in it? Let the guessing begin!
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Azuriel

Post by Azuriel » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:07 pm

loads of Gundam Seed Destiny, possibly some Stargazer. no UC stuff at all. thats my guess

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:42 pm

Undoubtedly all the updated lineart for various Gundam works that's been published in some Gundam Fact Files. I really want to buy this one, for sure.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:07 am

isnt it gonna be similar to the MS Encyclopedia 2003? (and earlier 98?)

http://www.hlj.com/product/MDW22339

lots of small color illus in the front, with some b/w lineart design settings in the bulk.

small pics.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:22 am

Yes, it'll be like that, which makes me very happy, because I never got that one. :D

Giant Satan Robo

Post by Giant Satan Robo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:38 am

I preordered mine! I'm a little peeved though, as I only got the '03 edition last year. I wasn't expecting another until '08.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri May 26, 2006 8:02 pm

I finally got a chance to sit down and look through my copy. Well, it's finally happened, folks. The amount of official, sanctioned Gundam material has grown so large that there's a separation between the color and black and white sections. This is the first Gundam Encyclopedia where a lot of the stuff covered in the color section doesn't appear at all in the black and white section. It's interesting to see that they favored color over b&w.

One example is MS Igloo. It appears in color but its lineart is nowhere to be seen.

I think the next MS Encyclopedia will have so much stuff to cover that it will do a poor job. Personally, I'd love a really fat, thick book but the printing expenses and cover price would be so high that Sunrise/Bandai wouldn't do it. The logical step would be to separate the UC Gundam material from the alternate material and print 2 encyclopedias but the chances of such a clearly logical thing happening are slim.

What do you guys think?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Sat May 27, 2006 12:39 am

It might happen, you never know. I'm dying to get a copy of it but will probably have to wait a very long time until I can find a copy locally or get permission to order from HLJ. :roll: