Z Gundam Family Tree

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Z Gundam Family Tree

Post by Tachyon » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:30 am

The April 2002 issue of Dengeki Hobby Magazine came with a foldout poster showing the Z Gundam family tree/development history. The more I look at it the more fascinated I am. I'd love to do it as an HTML document. Each name could connect to a page. I'd need to scan a few MSV images out of the Gundam encyclopedias but that's easy. Making pages for the Z Gundam and ZZ Gundam would be fun.

The Z plus E (EWAC) and R are mentioned on the chart but no images are provided. The notes say they're part of Gundam Sentinel. Has anyone ever seen images for these 2 mobile suits?

It seems the A1 was the first of the Z pluses. The C1 was built to be a space version of the A1. According to the chart, the C4 is an improvement on the C1. I wonder what's better about it?

My only complaint about the chart is it doesn't show the FA-010A "FAZZ" coming from anything else. It's just wedged into the chart as if it came out of the blue. It should be shown as coming from the Z Gundam or (probably) the ZZ Gundam.

Yep, very interesting stuff. Has anyone else seen this document? Any comments on this?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:33 am

Interesting indeed, I'm very anxious to see it. And yeah, FAZZ should have come from either ZZ or Full Armour ZZ.

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:53 am

The FAZZ was the preproduction prototype for the FA-010S Full Armor ZZ Gundam and in all my hours of looking I've never found an image for the Z Plus E or R.Although I have found out that the Z Plus R was a prototype for the RGZ-91 Refined Zeta Gundam,it was sort of a Z Plus with a Back Weapons System.
Do you understand?

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:23 pm

About C4,it's aim for use in low orbit and high atmosphere,more concentrate in waverider mode. So both of hip beam cannons are remove but one is place at waverider's nose.

it's rarely use in MS form...

kosh

Post by kosh » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:24 pm

Sounds about like the information I found about the A1B,BN and D model Z Plus,more emphasis on the wave rider for more traditional fighter roles.The info I found on the C4 said that the glove area of the wing binders was increased and the underside of the wave rider was maximised for shock wave control during re-entry to the atmosphere and to enhance manueverability.
Do you understand?

Xavadis

Re: Z Gundam Family Tree

Post by Xavadis » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:05 am

Tachyon wrote:The
My only complaint about the chart is it doesn't show the FA-010A "FAZZ" coming from anything else. It's just wedged into the chart as if it came out of the blue. It should be shown as coming from the Z Gundam or (probably) the ZZ Gundam.

Yep, very interesting stuff. Has anyone else seen this document? Any comments on this?
Yea, that's the weird thing about how they placed Sentinel in the canon UC continuity. It really belongs AFTER ZZ gundam, IMO. The Sentinel MS are so heavy armed that it seems the FAZZ-A would be a mass production model of the FAZZ-S that showed up at the end of the ZZ series. Plus the Ex-S has an I-FIELD? INCOMs??? It would have made a lot more sense to have it somewhere before CCA but not right after Z. What about the Gundam MK-3 AND MK-4? They just popped those all out after Zeta?

I have a Gundam lineage chart too from b-club, and it shows the ZZ Gundam came from the MSZ-007, which looks to be a Fujita MSV. The MSZ-008, Zeta II, breaks off in another direction. So perhaps the FAZZ-A was based off the 009; they made the 009 prototype, but couldn't put FA on it because it transformed, so they went ahead and made the 3 non-transforming 010-ZZ's with full armor for the Pegasus III from Sentinel. My fanboy theory, anyway :wink: