V gundam with Fan?

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

NycRayJai

V gundam with Fan?

Post by NycRayJai » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:13 pm

hey, can anyone explain y the V gundam comes with a Fan like beam sword? i never seen him use it in the anime. thanks

Engage

Post by Engage » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:08 am

Because the designer wanted it to have them? Because it looks cool? Honestly, there is no rhyme or reason to designing mecha, you just get an idea and just go with the flow (or, at least, thats how I design).

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:39 am

i know that, but the kit comes with it, but it never seen it used. which got me thinking, is it's really a fan beam sword, or the kit was trying to make it look like the beam saber spining, cuz in the V kits, they had curved beam sabers like it was slashing.

the box art and manual art doesn't shows the V holding it or using it.

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:31 pm

Just curious, what are you guys referring to? I love Victory and all, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

The only thing that comes to mind is the beam (heat?) fan of the Mobile SUMO, from Turn-A.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:42 pm

Several of Zanscare MS armed with beam fan, beam saber with fan shape. (I guess this inspired by Chineese "iron fan" weapon.) And IIRC, V Gundam also has fan-like beam saber with long pole (at least it has that in several SRW and Hexa has it in SD Generation F).
Justice will never lose!