gundam seed and turn A?

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

NycRayJai

gundam seed and turn A?

Post by NycRayJai » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:15 am

i remember reading an old newtype magazine and they said Seed takes place before turn A. I just finished seed and i don't see any connection, wtf?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:20 pm

I'm not real well-versed in Gundam but I had thought Turn A and Seed were in different universes.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Engage

Post by Engage » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:49 pm

SEED and Turn A take place in different universes, like Tachyon said, and are completly different. Turn A is set in Correct Century (CC) 2345 and, instead of being set in an era of high technology, it is set in a future that has regressed to the early 20th century. The Newtype that you read probably made a mistake in the Gundam calenders, Turn A being set in CC 2345 and SEED taking place in (Cosmic Era) CE 71. With such similar calenders I can see how they made that mistake.

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:47 am

IMO, CC is very special universe. Event of other universe will apppear as past event in history of CC universe. There is no visual connection (though I read somewhere that symbol of Winged Whale can be seen on Soleil) and the connection only exist if you're in Turn A universe.
Justice will never lose!

kosh

Post by kosh » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:14 am

That may have a conection to the so-called Turn A Bang theory that states that all the gundam series take place in a sequential order culminating with Turn A Gundam . I have no idea if the theory is officially endorsed but , it does explain the so-called black history , in Turn A Gundam , that depicts the Gundam X from After War GX in combat .
Do you understand?

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:20 am

yea i noticed the whale in Seed, and i think that was the only connection, but nothing else. but when seed ended, i was like , wtf...
I like turn A, ugly gundam, but it's an interesting story.
like it makes gundam feel magical.

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:17 am

I just read there is 2 turn A movies?
is there anything new in it?
thanks

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:17 am

Nothing new in the Turn-A movies, per se. Tomino stated that Turn-A was both UC and AU and basically he just threw together a random timeline because Bandai+Sunrise was pressuring him -- in the timeline, all Gundam occurs in sequential order of releases (in that order, SEED and SEED-D follow Turn-A's end). Don't ask me how that works, but there is a vision of the Wing Zero in Turn-A and there are plenty of Zaku--excuse me, Borjarnons. :P

NycRayJai

Post by NycRayJai » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:29 pm

i wonder y is there no new types in turn A?
is it because new types ended in gundam X?
and that merrybell character reminds me of that lady from V gundam with the bells.

feel Turn A would be better if it wasn't connected to the other gundams, but then it wouldn't make it a gundam anymore would it?

and did turn A really do that bad cuz of it's design?
(don't judge a book by it's cover)

im sure it's better then G savior, now that was crap.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:48 am

I suppose you could invision GS and GSD occuring after Turn A by saying that after the moon light butterfly destroyed all high technology , the people of Earth started over again . Sort of contrived , but hey.....
Do you understand?

Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:08 pm

@NRJ -- It's evident in entries like F91 and Victory that Newtypes aren't really the future of mankind, like Zeon Zum Deikun said they were. If we use Gundam X's explanation from D.O.M.E., then the "strain" of Newtypes was simply eradicated by natural elimination in the end.

Logain

Post by Logain » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Newtypes, from what I've seen/read/surmized, were culled out of the gene pool by war. All the major newtypes were used in battle, very few of them ever having children. If new steps in evolution don't mingle into the main species, they die off and become a foot note in history.

There is a theory, though, that EVERYONE in Turn A is a newtype. I support this, based on how utterly eccentric they are.

As for the main topic, Turn A and SEED, I don't think they're connected at all. Though it's possible, what with Destiny having all these reused designs, and whatnot. Yet, I can't help but set it apart >.>