Favorite Mobile Suit

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:59 am

There are WAYYY too many great designs to chose one favourite. Very hard to decide one =\

Many of my fav designs are from the Zeta era.

Zeta era: Z Gundam, Mk-II, Mk-III, Hyakushiki (incl kai), Rick Dias, Rick Dias II, Marasai, Gaplant, Messala, Pallace Athene, Bylant, Dijeh SE-R, etc ~~! Meh!! Too many, I like almost every single one of them!! :P

ZZ era: ZZ Gundam, Bawoo, Queen Mantha, Zaku III, R-Jarja, Sturm Dias

Sentinel: S/Ex-S, Z-Plus, and of coz the monstrous DEEP Striker! :twisted:

Nu era: Nu, Hi-Nu, Mass production Nu (i think this is wat it's called), Sazabi, Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type, Stark Jegan, Re-GZ Custom.

I'm trying to build the Re-GZ Custom, but I can't get any pics other the the standard one. :? If anyone has any pics of the Re-GZ Custom, esp views of the back and from other angles, plz let me know ok? ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

SteamTrooper

errmm!!!

Post by SteamTrooper » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:07 pm

Its a No-Brainer - I prety much agree with you ^ on this.

EX-S
Providence
Pallace Athene

and lets not forget the..

Tallgeese (version III for me :D )

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:10 pm

Mmh I'm not a big Gundam fan, but anyway :
-MSA-0011 S Gundam
-MSA-0011 [Ext] Ex-S Gundam
-MSA-0011 [Bst] Plan303E Deep Striker

Is "Sentinel" the best Gundam serie/manga ?
Cuz' it contains the MSA serie and the Fazz, which are amongst the only Gundam I can clearly remember (I mean the other never kept my attention that much), Hummingbird and MSZ-006C1 Z plus are not that bad neither.
So what about the other series ?
The Dendrobium is cool, any other Gundam cool enough to challenge the tastes of an MH fan ? (I don't aim to sound elitist hu^^)

Daishikaze

Post by Daishikaze » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:16 pm

You may like the Qubeley, it was actually designed by Nagano. As was the Galabaldy Beta and Rick Dias. but I think the Qubeley is more noticably Nagano's work
Dr. Mystico: I'll build a private army of super-apes and take over Cleveland!
Cosgrove: Don't you mean the world?
Dr. Mystico: I meant the world, yes. What did I say? Cleveland? Oh, I *always* do that!

Kuruni

Nagano

Post by Kuruni » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:22 am

Hmm...I think Nagano's best MS design is Hyaku Shiki though Kazumi Fujita did clean-up...
Justice will never lose!

Falk

Post by Falk » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:45 pm

Mmh I've take a look at Qubely, Galabaldy and Rick Dias, but none of them really is my cup of tea (the expression exists right ? Oh, I have to create an expression topic :p).

Hyaku Shiki is Ok, but KOG is better :wink:

I've take a look at mecha anime HQ, browsed randomly through all the Universal Century series/mangas, but very few gundams got my attention, except Sazabi that I already knew and a few others. Also I think the colored line art doesn't help. If you look at the Siren Arkana artwork (really bad compared to some others), you can't imagine at all how great it looks when it's not packed on itself in ugly matt blue.

Kuruni

I admit it...

Post by Kuruni » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:33 pm

I must admit that most of MS design are quite plain... And those that aren't plain usaully too...fruity. :? As you may notice none of my top-3 MS are animated...
Justice will never lose!

SteamTrooper

Post by SteamTrooper » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:08 am

Falk - Hi :)

I would suggest with your obvious love of MH that of the MS range you would most likely appreciate the `Palace - Athene` - its is a more curvacious and alien (Elven/Eldar) type design ethic not disimilar to the MH look - not quite on the same scale but she is still a beauty.

I myself have never appreciated the Goufs n Ricks for some reason - maybe that they remind of a more Germanic type look - a sort of futuristic Stormtrooper type design in my eyes at least - and the heads are too basic and large.

Saying that it is only recently that I have been reborn into appreciating the Gundam universe at all - for years my friends have been trying to sell me on it - but I have thought tooth and nail - always stating that they look a little too (Gay/Effite) or perhaps too `Fighter Plane` rather than the more practical `MAK` or HEAVY `GEAR` type mech - this rebirth realy only occured due to my love of the Sentinal designs which I defy anyone to not love...

Adam :D

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:28 am

Mmh yep', Palace - Athene is cool, just a bit too much green^^.
The legs shape looks a bit like Escaflowne, which is not bad.

I've take a look at other series/mangas on AMHQ, several MS from the "Astray" series look good, the blue & red astray, the strike rouge, hyperion is ok, gold frame something astray looks good too, this one too.
But I really don't like all the Zaku-lookalike mobile suits.

Are Sentinel and Astray only on paper ?
May I find this on the net ? Are all those separated stories or do they follow each other and I'd better start from the beginning ?

NiTRO493

Post by NiTRO493 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:59 am

I don't liek this question. Im pretty sure our favorite MS change from time-to-time. All of theese favorite things are retarded.

Right now: Gundam MK.II (Both colors) and Super Gundam or Full Armor MK.II (Im a Gundam Fix Guy)

Grebo Guru

Re: errmm!!!

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:59 am

Providence?!? Really? Ya lost me on that one...
SteamTrooper wrote:Its a No-Brainer - I prety much agree with you ^ on this.

EX-S
Providence
Pallace Athene

and lets not forget the..

Tallgeese (version III for me :D )

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:44 am

*wincing* Going through this entire thread, I started to mistake math formulas with the gundam names after awhile.

I go more for the pilot's abilites and how tricky s/he can get with what s/he's got. But despite that rule, I adore Norris Packard and the Gouf Custom.

S

Grebo Guru

Post by Grebo Guru » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:18 pm

Ya know, now that I think about it, my favorite Gundam-type MS just might be the Gundam Geminass-01 from G-Unit...

NiTRO493

Post by NiTRO493 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:22 pm

Grebo Guru wrote:Ya know, now that I think about it, my favorite Gundam-type MS just might be the Gundam Geminass-01 from G-Unit...
See what i mean :wink:

yuu_kajima

Post by yuu_kajima » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:19 am

my favorite is "I do everything Mobile Suit" the V2 Assault-Buster Gundam, and RX-78GP03s Stamen. :D