Z plus Humming Bird

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Z plus Humming Bird

Post by Tachyon » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:32 pm

While going over the Z plus Humming Bird images I've seen 2 that look as though they're painted as prototypes. One white and red, the other white and blue. I've been trying to determine which one is the C1 and which one is the A1. It looks like the question is moot.

The models photographed for the Approved Gundam book have "MSZ-006 A1/C1 [Bst] Z plus" on their model stands - for both the blue and the red. To configure a Z plus for the 4 large boosters you have to remove the armor plate from the lower abdomen (cod piece?) which is the chief difference between the C1 and the A1. The C1 and A1 are so similar that once you configure them for the Humming Bird option, they're the same machine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we can put this mystery to rest.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:15 am

Essentially that is the difference between the A1 and C1,there is one other difference but you can barely see it from the front,the C1 has two sub-flight boosters on the backpack for use in space.The A1 was an atmospheric only use gundam and the C1 was atmosphere and space use.

BTW:Cod Piece is the correct term for the groin armor.
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:16 pm

Isn't the Humming Bird only for use in space? Can it even fly in an atmosphere? It seems to me they'd only want to use the C1 for reconfiguration into the Humming Bird.

There's so much I don't know about the Humming Bird. I photocopied some pages and mailed them to a volunteer translator. Hopefully he can help us out.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

kosh

Post by kosh » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:59 pm

The image you posted is the C1 version,the sub-flight engines are behind and to either side of the head.I would surmise the Hummingbird is for space use only,don't see how it could fly in an atmosphere even with a wave rider mode,but you never know.A translator would be of immense help,the Hummingbird is not well covered on-line,at least in english.
Do you understand?