Advance of Z

Mobile Suit Gundam and all its spinoffs

Moderator: kosh

ninjascience

Advance of Z

Post by ninjascience » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:46 pm

I say some of the Advance of Z mecha in a magazine a while back and picked up the first book. It looks like they are from a CCG??

Does anybody have any more info on this (especially images)?

Engage

Post by Engage » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:54 pm

From what I know, it was originally a manga. Do you mean CGI? After looking at the pictures, I would say that some of them are CGI. Anyways, the only pictures of it that I have found are from Mahq, they have a section on it: click here

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Engage on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:55 pm

Advance of Z is a serial running in the pages of Dengeki Hobby. It's a text story with illustrations. There are 3 art books out for it so far and the model kits are just starting. I think there's a manga as well.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

ninjascience

Post by ninjascience » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:06 pm

By CCG I meant Collectable Card Game. There's some pics of cards featuring the mecha in the first art book.

3 art books? That's awesome. I've had the first for a while and some pages cut out of the magazine of some more that I assume are in the second book. A third will have stuff I haven't even seen yet :-)

Gpenguin

Post by Gpenguin » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:10 pm

none are 3D-modelled. they’re all illustrated by hand/computer coloured.
haven’t heard anything about a manga, but that would surely be nice :)

also, Bandai have started releasing them in kit form under the HGUC line.

if I pick up the books I could scan some images for the site.

ninjascience

Post by ninjascience » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:13 pm

I'd be happy to scan what I have. I'm new to the site though, where would it go?

Engage

Post by Engage » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:03 pm

For those who are interested, the TR-1 Hazel Custom is available at HJL now: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN934107 (I'm probably going to buy one. It looks so cool) and the Hazel High Mobility Type has also been announced.

I believe that you present all submissions to Tachyon and he will decide what to do with them. You could post some of your scans on these forums however.

The books are also available through HJL (well, this is what showed up when I did a search anyways): Advance of Zeta books