Original Japanese End Theme Singer

Gall Force anime, manga, fanfiction, etc.
severanced

Original Japanese End Theme Singer

Post by severanced » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:04 pm

I just thought that some people would find this interesting:

The end theme song to Gall Force is called Ryote Ippai no Johnny or Johnny Has His Hands Full and is sung by Kahoru Kahirumaki who, at the time, was an idol singer. My guess is that her song was put into there to as to promote her burgeoning career.

As a side note, the only other song she's ever had in anime was the first opening song to the original City Hunter series, which, I believe came out that same here if not one year later, called CITY HUNTER~Ai yo kienaide (an excellent song that captures the feeling of City Hunter perfectly).

I was searching around and I found out that Kahirumaki is still around today and still doing stuff. She's currently known as Kohhy and here is her official site. The song itself was on her album No Problem which has it's site here. There are music samples, but, unfortunately, the don't seem to work.

Just a side note anyway.

I think she speaks English fluently, I wonder what she'd think that some foreigners still remember her song in that show? :)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm

I like seeing stuff like this. I'm glad to hear she's still around. Maybe we can dig up some links to working songs of hers online.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

severanced

Post by severanced » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:43 pm

I have a couple of things she did in the early 90's very Prince-esque. I'll have to see if I can dig them up.