WSC Water Dragon vs WSC Schpeltor Kaien ver

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

KOG

WSC Water Dragon vs WSC Schpeltor Kaien ver

Post by KOG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:52 pm

I've had a WSC schpeltor recast for a while. And recently I got my hands on an original of said kit.

For a while I had assumed I would sell off the recast, but then I had a thought... why not seize the opportunity to build both schpeltor variations that the kit provides parts for?

For those that aren't aware, the kit comes with parts to build either the original K.O.G. Water Dragon, or the slightly modified and renamed Schpeltor (kaien version).

Now, the thing is... my recast comes with modified shoulders. The ornate decorations are sculpted into the 'eyes' on the shoulders. The original does not have this feature. So my question is, what would be more appropriate? Using the sculpted eyes on the Water Dragon, and the plain eyes on the Kaien ver? Or vice versa? Or does it not even matter? For some reason, my inclination is to use the more decorative shoulders on the Water Dragon type. Since I prefer the Water Dragon head and coloring anyway... and then I would build the kaien type with the plain shoulders.

Any thoughts?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:14 pm

I think you should use the plain shoulders for the Water Dragon and use the more decorative shoulders for the Kaien version. Seeing how we never did see Dimos'Water Dragon except the colored illustration when introducing the MH. Even with seen the introduction of the Water Dragon, it didn't have the decorative look that Kaien's Schpeltor has in the manga while fighting the Zakker.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:24 pm

Ah, so the manga art of Kaien's Schpeltor vs Zakker has the decorative shoulder art clearly shown? I never really noticed. In that case, I guess I will use the sculpted detail shoulders for the Kaien version, and use the original (plain) shoulders for Water Dragon.

Thanks. :)
Sheizzel wrote:I think you should use the plain shoulders for the Water Dragon and use the more decorative shoulders for the Kaien version. Seeing how we never did see Dimos'Water Dragon except the colored illustration when introducing the MH. Even with seen the introduction of the Water Dragon, it didn't have the decorative look that Kaien's Schpeltor has in the manga while fighting the Zakker.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:05 am

Just to refresh your memory :D .

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:28 am

Thanks. :)

I guess that settles it...

Maybe I'll make the WSC Schpeltor Kaien my next project after Bang Doll is finished...