my website did NOT disappear....

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:40 pm

I think the Mr.color paints I used were 'off', some were a lot thicker than others. Plus I didn't have any thinner, and the idiot in the store didn't tell me I'd need specific Mr.color thinner.

If you paint in acrylic, doesn't that mean if the model gets wet the paint will rub off ?
Also I didn't think acrylic would adhere to non-porous (plastic) surfaces.
I can see the logic in using water based for the base color, then enamel for the panel lines, as you could remove excess black enamel with thinner whilst leaving the base color intact... Is this correct ?
Last edited by Hydra Mirage on Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:12 am

You can paint with acrylic and then apply a layer of topcoat/sealer then finish with enamel. To let the paint better adhere to the surface of the kit, you should prime the kit first then paint.

BTW, here's a quick set up of my potential entry, if I make it in time :roll: :P .

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:01 am

Hi Sheizzel.

Nice Engage :D Is that the Volks, or the WSC model, and how tall is it? <<--is leaning towards thinking it's WSC because of the suspiciously "Ikishima-esque" sculpting in the crotch area.
John F. Moscato

yp

Post by yp » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:32 am

sheizzel:

Your engage looks good~ I am not sure what I would build next... probably not a WSC kit though^^ Few kits popping out of my head are volks MM Vatshu(the old black knight) or silicone tribe's Hydra may be?
Anyhow, I think I can finish a kit if I know the date a month ahead.
Laterz~

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:37 am

I've been assembling the Schepeltor I have, but painting won't come for a long time, or atleast I don't think it will.... So finished for me is it all pinned and looking pretty in white (or tan? Whatever color resin is... )

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:20 am

Hi John,

The Engage I'm building is Volks MM. This is one of the newer MM kit which was well designed and sculpted. Fewer parts to deal with so the build up is simple, just like what an Engage is supposed to be :D . I like the SR-1 so much that this is the second original kit I have in my collection, hopefully this will be the first one to be finished :) . If I remember correctly(have disassembled the kit for now) this kit stands at about 24cm. It's got a good size, about the same as SAV Vatshu(Majestic Stand ver.) and Mighty Series Babirons( less bulky of course ).

Hi yp,

I can understand why you're not choosing a WSC kit as your next, especially you've just finished the Schpeltor from WSC. Trying to pose it sure takes a lot of patience :P . Volks MM Vatshu sounds nice! We don't see a lot of those nowdays. If I'm not mistaken, that is the kit which came with two heads and other accessories?

Hi Akuma,

I saw the buster launcher you pinned up at CoM board, it's huge! :D . I'm sure whatever date we decide on for this event won't be anytime soon, so get to work! :P .

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:14 am

Sheizzel, you are the master of "pinning." :wink:
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:54 am

Happy Hopping wrote:Sheizzel, you are the master of "pinning." :wink:
Yeah...sorry to say :cry: . The first thing I do when I get a new kit is pinning, so I can see the actual size of the kit. I hope to do more than just pinning for this kit and actully finishing it...I need a finished kit that I can display not more of half started kit.

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:05 pm

Well, I managed to get some more work done on my Bang Doll last night... shoulders are completely painted now, just need to assemble all the parts.

And I also prepped and drilled and otherwise worked on the arm parts last night, so I should be ready to get those painted tonight after work. So the 'finish line' is definitely in sight on this kit.

Since this kit is so close to being done, I feel good about working on another for this 'challenge'.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:12 pm

So will you be able to wrap up the Bang by the time weekend is over with? Looking forward in seeing it :D .

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:16 pm

I'm not sure if I can finish by the end of the weekend. Depends on how busy I am tomorrow. If I can get a lot done tonight after work, then I may be able to finish it tomorrow evening...

Sheizzel wrote:So will you be able to wrap up the Bang by the time weekend is over with? Looking forward in seeing it :D .

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:52 am

Sheizzel wrote:Hi Akuma,

I saw the buster launcher you pinned up at CoM board, it's huge! :D . I'm sure whatever date we decide on for this event won't be anytime soon, so get to work! :P .
Hopefully not... this kit is alot of work... (Still can't figure out how the feet's spur thingys are supposed to sit/look.... )

have the legs and body done, though, besides the launcher being pinned... Working on pinning the arms and other details I can find that can be pinned...

Been working alot, though... so that cuts into my time -__- should be able to pin more tommorow, though... Just hopeing I don't run out of paper clips... :lol: