WSC 1/100 Schpeltor in progress...

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:17 am

sarion wrote:
KOG wrote:P.S. I think the hand guard on the sword is upside down?
not really, there are different pics on the handguard showing both ways
WSC and Volks pics are completely different, as evident on MH Saga for WSC and later pics for Volks SSS and MM series
I noticed today in MH Saga that the Kaien version and the Hiahraki version have different hand guards on the swords. It is noticable on the two different build-ups of the WSC version. I guess this is the cause of confusion.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:48 pm

Weird. I never noticed that... I thought they were the same. I'll have to go back and take a look. When I looked at the 2 different MM kits, I thought the swords looked the same.

Do you suppose one of the ones in MH Saga is a building error?
elemental wrote:I noticed today in MH Saga that the Kaien version and the Hiahraki version have different hand guards on the swords. It is noticable on the two different build-ups of the WSC version. I guess this is the cause of confusion.

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:01 am

No, I think it is intentional. All the Hiahraki builds have the guard facing the same way, as per the colour image seen at the start of english vol.10. The actual manga lineart of Kaien's version looks to have an almost flat hand guard.

So there are at least four differences between the two versions KOG Water Dragon/Schpeltor: back of the head, writing on shoulders, chin guard and sword. Have i missed any?

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:06 pm

elemental wrote:No, I think it is intentional. All the Hiahraki builds have the guard facing the same way, as per the colour image seen at the start of english vol.10. The actual manga lineart of Kaien's version looks to have an almost flat hand guard.

So there are at least four differences between the two versions KOG Water Dragon/Schpeltor: back of the head, writing on shoulders, chin guard and sword. Have i missed any?

Hmm. The style I 'prefer' is that seen on the Schpeltor in the early pages of MH Saga. In the 'vs A Toll' diorama. I think this Schpeltor is built as a Water Dragon/Hiahraki type.

I need to go back and look at my WSC schpeltor kit... I want to both check the parts (to see if their are optional sword parts), and to look at the instructions for the sword build up. This whole thing has me interested, I want things straight in my mind before I tackle any Schpeltor kits.

I think you've covered most of the differences between the water dragon and kaien versions. The lonn version is a whole other matter though. :P

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:51 am

That's definitely a Hiahraki version... but the sword handle guard is pointing the wrong way.

At first I thought that the WSC build on page 146 (Kaien's version) has an entirely different piece for the hand guard, not just the Hiahraki piece turned upside down. But after checking over my kit, it is indeed the same piece turned upside down.