Diff Between the 3 Phantoms?

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Akuma Sephitaro

Diff Between the 3 Phantoms?

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:12 pm

Is there any?

I have the 1/72 up for pre-order at Hobby Fan (I don't care if it's small, I want a Phantom... ) Anyway, is there any way I can get away with painting this one black, since I guess it's supposed to be white?

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Diff Between the 3 Phantoms?

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:19 pm

To be accurate, white phantom has the 2 small shields with grinning faces, black phantom has one larger shield with mirage logo on it, and the red phantom carries no shields. And each Phantom has minor shoulder differences.

I'm not sure which parts the ST kit will come with... probably just parts for white version. If you decided to paint it black, I'd leave off the shields.

Or if you don't care about accuracy much, just use the shields anyway.

Akuma Sephitaro wrote:Is there any?

I have the 1/72 up for pre-order at Hobby Fan (I don't care if it's small, I want a Phantom... ) Anyway, is there any way I can get away with painting this one black, since I guess it's supposed to be white?

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:29 pm

Are there actually specific versions for each one tho? Ive seen all three models around but are they the genuine variants or just recoloured?

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:51 pm

Some people modify their kits themselves, and chromehead (korean company) offers phantom variant parts for use with Volks Phantom.
WayS'Lo' wrote:Are there actually specific versions for each one tho? Ive seen all three models around but are they the genuine variants or just recoloured?

Akuma Sephitaro

Post by Akuma Sephitaro » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:02 pm

At Hobbyfan, the black one has the sheilds the white has, and the red has none (as has been said )

I don't really care about it being perfect though... (I'm just not painting it neon green!.... ok, that was lame, but you know what I mean )

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:10 pm

btw, this is on topid but probably in the wrong forum, who pilots which phantom? I think Ena pilots the white one but what about the other 2?

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:13 pm

Beats me, I know models, not manga details. Have to get Nu Soard or someone in here.
WayS'Lo' wrote:btw, this is on topid but probably in the wrong forum, who pilots which phantom? I think Ena pilots the white one but what about the other 2?

User avatar
hitori
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Lucky Channel

Post by hitori » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:33 pm

WayS'Lo' wrote:btw, this is on topid but probably in the wrong forum, who pilots which phantom? I think Ena pilots the white one but what about the other 2?
White: Naias Brunhilde, Filmore Nueu Syltiss White Group Leader
Black: Madora Moirai, Chevelier of Rose
Red: Ena Dai Gu Filmore, Former Hyper Chevelier, Former Empress of Filmore

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:39 pm

Thanks, but more questions im afraid :D
First of all, i thought the Syltis group leaders all pilot Arakunma's and whos this MAdora person? Is it the Peking doppleganger i hear a rumour about? Also, why the mirage mark on the shield, i know Harris is an MKGL... does Madora have the same rank?

User avatar
hitori
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Location: Lucky Channel

Post by hitori » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:56 pm

WayS'Lo' wrote:Thanks, but more questions im afraid :D
First of all, i thought the Syltis group leaders all pilot Arakunma's and whos this MAdora person? Is it the Peking doppleganger i hear a rumour about? Also, why the mirage mark on the shield, i know Harris is an MKGL... does Madora have the same rank?
Arcanna Knights have nothing to do with their Nueu Syltiss group affliations.
Arcanna are Highlanders' personal guards.
Ian Konig(Spade) and Nio Hathler(Club) guard Highlander Dai Gu Filmore,
and Violetto Triton(Heart) and Bruno Kanzian(Diamond) guard Highlander Christine V.
Bruno just happens to be the Blue Group Leader.

Madora Moirai is the daughter of Orcaon Harris, who is a Knight of the Vakin Rakan Empire.
She is called Le Hyper Chevelier du Rose.
It's an honorary Hyper Chevelier title given to her by the Vakin Rakan.

From her childhood Madora seems to have had some problems.
Descending from the Pure Blood Knight line, she had inherently superior powers, but somehow was unwilling to take on the duty of the Knighthood which would have required her to kill.
Yet she had instictive desires to destroy and murder.
In order to control her violent side and to preserve her peace loving side, the empress of Vakin Rakan artificially created another personna within Madora: Spark, aka Picking Harris.

Spark is a tamer and weaker projection of the violent Madora.
The wild crazy Spark was able to partially satiate the murderous desires of Madora's violent side, yet protect the peace loving Madora by blocking her consciousness out.
She goes on to become an ace in the AP Knights and after causing a lot of trouble, gets recruited to the Left Mirages.
Her other personalities seem to surface once in a while, but currently the only one that is fully aware of the whole situation is Spark.

Where Madora stands on the Mirage Knight issue hasn't been addressed yet.
Though in the foreshadowing episode, she does seem to have come to terms with her different personalities.
Maybe she accepts the role of a Mirage Knight then.

User avatar
Sheizzel
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:54 pm
Location: Southern Cali, U.S.A.

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:45 am

To answer more on the Phantom kits. There's no right or wrong way of doing it, I think.

In Smoke Walls, all three Phantoms looked exactly the same, except the symbol of the three star on White Phantom's shield.

As usual, Nagano later made changes to Red and Black Phantom for the Manga. Red Phantom has a emblem on its left shoulder while the Black Phantom had a new shield, shoulder, and diamond shape details that Sirens have. Black Phantom seem to have a shorter stabilizers as well.

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:57 pm

Whenever there's doubt about 'the right way to do it', I say 'stick with the manga'. :) Since the manga appearances should be the most accurate and up-to-date version of Nagano's ideas.

On a related note, I'm really sad I couldn't get those red and black phantom conversion parts. :(

Sheizzel wrote:To answer more on the Phantom kits. There's no right or wrong way of doing it, I think.

In Smoke Walls, all three Phantoms looked exactly the same, except the symbol of the three star on White Phantom's shield.

As usual, Nagano later made changes to Red and Black Phantom for the Manga. Red Phantom has a emblem on its left shoulder while the Black Phantom had a new shield, shoulder, and diamond shape details that Sirens have. Black Phantom seem to have a shorter stabilizers as well.

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:06 am

KOG wrote:On a related note, I'm really sad I couldn't get those red and black phantom conversion parts. :(
I would like to get those parts too. Where were you trying to get them from?

KOG
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:33 pm
Contact:

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:09 pm

For a while, resinmech was going to be selling the parts through his website. But he was forced to cancel his deal with chromehead because of a problem with coreworks.

elemental wrote:
KOG wrote:On a related note, I'm really sad I couldn't get those red and black phantom conversion parts. :(
I would like to get those parts too. Where were you trying to get them from?

TSP

Post by TSP » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:37 pm

Anyone have some more comic scans from black Phantom eccept the pictures in Newtype May 2001 ? Schoulders are a lot different than the other 2. Also pics from the inner side of the shield .

Post Reply