WSC A-Toll!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:19 am

junchoon wrote:

what's your guys' opinions on the Volks's Terror Mirage? compared to WSC??

tia,
wps
Hello wps,

My Volks terror is untouched in it's box. My overall is impression is that it is a bit on the smalll side, and the detail is no where near as good as the newer MM or SAV kits. I can't give you a direct comparison with the WSC version, as I don't have that one.

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:25 am

Sheizzel wrote:HLJ was only able to carry a small amount of the reissue.
:( Is that just your conjecture, or something official? I was hoping that the reissue might be spread over a few months, with several batches of kits released in waves. I was really looking forward to HLJ getting the kneeling B4, and maybe even the MM Auge.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:27 am

elemental wrote:
Sheizzel wrote:HLJ was only able to carry a small amount of the reissue.
:( Is that just your conjecture, or something official? I was hoping that the reissue might be spread over a few months, with several batches of kits released in waves. I was really looking forward to HLJ getting the kneeling B4, and maybe even the MM Auge.
Not official of course, do excuse me for sounding so definitively :P . Maybe HLJ will have more or they may not, I'm just not sure about some of the kits making to HLJ's catalog. I noticed HLJ just put up Comic verion of the Prominence.

So you want to build another Kneeling B4? Machine Mess Auge is a very nice kit that is definitely worthy to get an original of.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:52 am

junchoon wrote:hmm, how much was the Bang Doll by Wave? it seems different price from the official website of toyspress.

what's your guys' opinions on the Volks's Terror Mirage? compared to WSC??

tia,
wps
The WSC offering is not only larger, but honestly nicer; good proportions and very crisp detailing.
John F. Moscato

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:31 am

Yes, yes. I can't recommend that kit strongly enough.

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:55 am

Sheizzel wrote: So you want to build another Kneeling B4? Machine Mess Auge is a very nice kit that is definitely worthy to get an original of.
My B4 is just a recast. It was my very first recast, actually. While it is not a bad cast, I would buy an original without hesitation. :)

I have a recast auge too. About 95% completed, but I haven't touched it in more than a year. An original isn't essential for me, but there is a chance i could be tempted. 8)

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:09 pm

thanks for the opinions on the Terror Mirage. seems the WSC is the winner then. will probably get it when the exchange rate is more favorable. :)

wps

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:44 am

Speaking of the Terror, anyone ever interested in making Allen Braford's Terror with the custom paint job? http://homepage1.nifty.com/RieZooo/mode ... terror.htm .

Still not sure how the whole Terror paint scheme is supposed to look like since only the head portion of the MH was shown in back of Vol.24...

WayS'Lo'

Post by WayS'Lo' » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:55 am

While that scheme is nice i still think the Terror Mirage looks best in black. It would probably look better on the Apache, in all honesty :P BTW the markings for the black one ( if any) should be GL III (3) right?
Edit: i put 4 ( Sarion) when i meant to put 3 (Ting)
Last edited by WayS'Lo' on Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:04 am

I was discussing the color of the Terror with KOG a while ago. We don't even know if the color on the original Terror is A) Black B) Dark Purple. I've seen Terrors being painted in a really dark green-ish color...

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:36 am

If it helps at all, the color art of the Terror in book VIII (japanese) shows the MH to be a sort of deep blueish-purple. My color-section was somewhat dark though, as the KoG/Patriarch in the same color pages came out looking a drab green in stead of gold...Details, details! :wink:

If anything, I think it would look spanking in a metallic midnight blue, with a red interference pearl overcoat, and the waist-armor/accents in steel. But again, that's just me.
John F. Moscato

elemental

Post by elemental » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:13 am

John F. Moscato wrote:
If anything, I think it would look spanking in a metallic midnight blue, with a red interference pearl overcoat, and the waist-armor/accents in steel. But again, that's just me.
Well hop to it then, John. :wink:

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:46 am

What I saw in back of Vol.2 of the translation is similar to this:

http://batman2001.cool.ne.jp/gallery/FS ... ges/p1.htm

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:00 pm

cobywan wrote:Yes, yes. I can't recommend that kit strongly enough.
The SSS ver. is the most natural pose that matches to the manga.

The WSC ver. is stiff (remember OBC did it) at its pose.

So the spirit of the Terror is best expressed by the SSS ver.

No doubt the details of WSC is good and the kit is bigger. But there are different ht. and size of all the so-called 1/100 thru out the yr. anyway.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:31 pm

I dunno if people have seen these images yet, in magazines or something? But HLJ posted some A Toll images - shows the photo etch parts for the neck, and the decal sheet.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?WSC100-21