WSC A-Toll!

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:25 am

Wave's 1/144 IP LED Mirage kit (released way back when) was also molded in a milky white semi-clear plastic. Very nice kit. I'm sure anyone who came over here from heika.net heard me babble about how much I loved it at some point :P

Don't think it'll work too well with the 1/100 though, unless they seriously re-tool the mold. The casting on it when I bought my puke-green version ages ago was pretty shoddy, and there's no details underneath the armor which means seeing through = seeing nothing but connecting pins and polycaps. Looking at the pictures it doesn't look like there was much retooling done though. At the very least, it'll be easier to make look good than the old 1/100, and proportionwise it WAS a rather nice kit.

This new A-toll... it looks alright and everything, but I'm wondering just how much of an improvement it is over the old versions. They were pretty nice looking in their own rights. I'd much rather have seen a 1/100 Scritti :P (not like I'd buy it, though. Heh. poverty, woo!)

sarion

Post by sarion » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:32 pm

well Tani's KOG should still be released under Kaiyodo, as the ads goes in Newtype

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:47 pm

The new IP LED has clear PCs.. so that isn't a problem. While it being true that there is no underarmour - one could say the same damned thing for the 1/144 kit - and we all agree that's a looker.

It's just for effect really.. and for people who can't afford an original V3 or something. It's still very nice to look at, and oddly enough, I prefer that look over the plain white LED.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:14 am

Anyone feel that the so-called "translucent" armor don't really look like what it should, as in Nagano's illustrations? I find it esp so in the case of LED. Quite disappointing actually. :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:04 am

Anyone feel that the so-called "translucent" armor don't really look like what it should, as in Nagano's illustrations? I find it esp so in the case of LED. Quite disappointing actually
I agree. I think the most successful translucent kit is the Hydra Mirage :wink:

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:00 pm

This is not the first time we've seen semi-transparent plastic on a FSS plastic kit. 1/144 LED used this plastic. :roll:
Happy Hopping wrote:I am not versed in Semi-transparent plastic. I have seen it in resin. And knowing IP is a cheaper ver. of Resin, I imagine it can be done.

But is this the first time that you guys have seen semi-transparent plastic on a FSS IP Kit? And how did Wave make something like that?

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:03 pm

If you check the scans, you'll see a small inset photo which shows which optional parts come with the kit. Seems to include an extra shoulder veil, and 2 of the old syle swords, and what seems to be an extra optional set of shoulder armor.

No sign of the original A Toll BS veil though, so it looks like you're stuck building the Cobra version. :( I was hoping there would be an option to build the original BS type...

WayS'Lo' wrote:Looks pretty nice. Not sure about this 'Cobra' variant but it looks a little on the slim side compared with the A Toll Swans i know. I assume this version only has one ring binder too, but its looking quite sharp. A Toll Swans is one of my five fav MHs so its nice to see a new version :)
Just who exactly is releasing the Tani KOG? He used to be with Kaiyodo, but i dont think they are releasing t are they?

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:39 am

WSC A-Toll is up for pre-order in HLJ http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?WSC100-21 29500yen...

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 am

I've pre-ordered. :)

Sheizzel wrote:WSC A-Toll is up for pre-order in HLJ http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?WSC100-21 29500yen...

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:27 am

KOG wrote:I've pre-ordered. :)
Yay. Early bird special :)

And just about a full restock of WSC kits this month and next.

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:13 pm

it seems that a lot of VOLKS kits has been re-issued too... could what John said was true about VOLKS trying to milk as much out of FSS as possible before pulling out FSS altogether? there is also a new completed Fatima kit, called Belkut, by VOLKS.

wps

sarion

Post by sarion » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:58 pm

look carefully among the list in HLJ and u will find....

a WAVE 1/100 BANGDOLL!!!!! :shock:

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:36 pm

HLJ was only able to carry a small amount of the reissue. You'll see a long list in Volks site http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/goods/index_g ... 70&sbct=71 .

As for Wave Bang, it has been re-stocked and available for a long time now, I know KOG got one. I personally don't like this kit, the only good thing abou it is the boxart :P .

KOG

Post by KOG » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:56 pm

Yup, I got one of those Wave Bang Dolls from HLJ a couple months ago.

Although Sheizzel doesn't like it much, I have a good deal of fondess for it. :) Definitely solidly sculpted, no slacking on the detail. Lots of metal parts for important things like the tails. Nice large shield, unlike WSC. It certainly has a chunkier feel than the Volks, so it's a matter of taste whether you like it or not. For me, it will go nicely with my chunky GGI KOGs.

Sheizzel wrote:HLJ was only able to carry a small amount of the reissue. You'll see a long list in Volks site http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/goods/index_g ... 70&sbct=71 .

As for Wave Bang, it has been re-stocked and available for a long time now, I know KOG got one. I personally don't like this kit, the only good thing abou it is the boxart :P .

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:46 am

hmm, how much was the Bang Doll by Wave? it seems different price from the official website of toyspress.

what's your guys' opinions on the Volks's Terror Mirage? compared to WSC??

tia,
wps