If you have the money,

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

happy hopping

If you have the money,

Post by happy hopping » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:42 pm

then that SF close down store has a SSS KOG at ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 67015&rd=1

there are other 1/100, 1/144 resin kit too. I wonder what qty. does he have per kit, as he has been selling these batch for over 3+ years.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:46 am

He has been posting them for three years. Not selling them. ;) Actually I bought some 1/8th scale figures that did show up again the following week. I think there are multiples of the lower cost figures. That Volks KOG is a nice kit for a nice price.

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:45 pm

He might sell more items if he didn't have a sales disclaimer/instructions 7 times longer than the item description itself. It gives any prospective buyer the impression that if you so much as breathe heavy, he'll slap you with negative feedback.

Granted, there ARE a lot of deadbeat bidders out there, but there are also more effective ways to protect yourself without scaring off customers.
John F. Moscato

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:52 pm

Yay, posting auctions on forums is a great way to drive bids up. :x

So uh, is anyone else planning to bid on this? I was thinking about it, but I don't want to get into any bidding wars.

KOG

Post by KOG » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:09 pm

Yay, won the auction for base price.

Now let's see if I can get the transaction concluded successfully...

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:42 am

KOG wrote:Yay, posting auctions on forums is a great way to drive bids up. :x

So uh, is anyone else planning to bid on this? I was thinking about it, but I don't want to get into any bidding wars.
Drive up his bid? You're kidding. For whatever reasons, noone bids on his stuff. A few yr. from now, he will still be selling those 1/144 Wave resin kits.

And congrat. on the order, at least you don't have to pay for shipping.

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:27 pm

I was speaking about auctions in general. Not this one in particular.

As for why people don't bid on his stuff, who knows. If you take the time to read the lengthy auction rules, they're reasonable. And $130 is a great price for an original SSS KOG still sealed in shrinkwrap.

For the 1/144s he's selling... I think most FSS kit builders prefer 1/100.

And who said I don't have to pay for shipping?
Happy Hopping wrote:Drive up his bid? You're kidding. For whatever reasons, noone bids on his stuff. A few yr. from now, he will still be selling those 1/144 Wave resin kits.

And congrat. on the order, at least you don't have to pay for shipping.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:51 pm

You live in the near by area, just pick it up whenever you drive down to that sector. Besides, don't you know that guy? You've been to his store before it closes down.

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:31 pm

I know him. But it's not like he's a friend. And I would have to drive at least an hour each way to go and pick up the kit in person. 2 hour drive? Or $10 for shipping? I think I'll just get it shipped.
Happy Hopping wrote:You live in the near by area, just pick it up whenever you drive down to that sector. Besides, don't you know that guy? You've been to his store before it closes down.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:48 am

I don't care about the driving or the $10 shipping, I only care about damage via USPS or fly by night courier like UPS.

My last shipment, so happened to be last mth., was damaged due to mishandling from UPS. I am still dealing w/ it.

If I were you, make it a one full day shopping day in SF and make up the box in person.

KOG

Post by KOG » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:14 am

Well.... you're not me, and I have no other business or shopping to do in San Francisco at the moment.

I already mailed the money, and I will trust in the postal service and the seller's competence in packing kits properly.
Happy Hopping wrote:I don't care about the driving or the $10 shipping, I only care about damage via USPS or fly by night courier like UPS.

My last shipment, so happened to be last mth., was damaged due to mishandling from UPS. I am still dealing w/ it.

If I were you, make it a one full day shopping day in SF and make up the box in person.

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:10 am

Seeing as how Newtype Hobbies was a mail order business. I wouldn't worry.

Some things never change. No matter what forum you go to.