Newcomer

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

scarletphantom

Newcomer

Post by scarletphantom » Mon May 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Hey yall. Cool to be here on the forum! Seems a little quiet here, but The Five Star Stories is alive and kicking for years now in my little appartment!!! I'm a big fan, went through hell ( and got really lucky ) to collect a big portion of the English manga. It's easier to get the Japanese one though, but I cannot read those...
Anyways, I'm collecting particulairy Fillmore based collection of VOLKS mortarheadds. So far, I finished the Prominence and the Scarlet Phantom. At the moment I'm working on the A Siren and a conversion of the BangDoll ( the pink version ).
Question: Does anyone know what that one FSS symbol is that some MortarHeadds and characters wear? It's a bird like symbol with a head and a wing...

Some pictures from me collection:

[/img]
Last edited by scarletphantom on Mon May 05, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jlyc

Post by jlyc » Mon May 05, 2008 6:59 pm

hi welcome

do you mind reposting your collection pics? just red x's for me...

would be interested in seeing the Bangdoll conversion...what is it exactly?

Hope this would revive some discussoin..the board is indeed too quiet for too long 8)

scarletphantom

Post by scarletphantom » Mon May 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks for having me!

The BangDoll is a kit that I've ordered years ago. I think that the BangDoll model from VOLKS is a beautifull kit, but I wanted to do something different with it than just paint it grey. I thought that pink would look better. So I felt really happy when I found 2 pictures of a pink/purple Bangdoll. That's the one I'm converting now. It's going slow though, since I need to do some modelling of my own. I think because of this it will probably end as last of my collection. I have already finished the head and torso.

Do you know what that FSS symbol is about? The thing I asked earlier? It's also on the right shoulder of my Red Phantom...

Thanks!

Greetz

-Scarlet

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed May 07, 2008 9:25 am

The "wing" is called a "Knight Master" emblem. It is awarded by a Kensei (Swords Sage) to a knight in recognition of his exceptional skill, but it is not a "title" such as Ten-i (heavenly positions) or Kensei. The past generations of Kensei all have it, probably being awarded by their predecessors. Sometimes it is worn on the clothes, sometimes on the MH or both.

Phantom Scarlet has it because Ena herself is an ex-sword sage (she wears it on her clothes too).

KOG has it probably because Dimos awarded it to L Sopp, Nakkandora Swans awarded it to Green Neiper and Rogner. Engage SR1 has it because it was the ride of Sword Sage Harricone but he died and it is now succeeded by Arr who retains the emblem on the MH.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

scarletphantom

Post by scarletphantom » Wed May 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Finally I know!!! Thanks for the info! I was braking my head over this, thanks!!!