Another FSS web site

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Sheizzel

Another FSS web site

Post by Sheizzel » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:42 am

Here's a site that features some really nice builds. It's amazing to see someone building both the Comic ver. Jagd and the TwinTower.

http://www.geocities.jp/barber_metal/gallery1.htm

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:21 pm

stunning

I can't figure out if that's a house or a place of business or both. It looks strangely austere for a home, but a little bit too homey for an office. Is the guy a web designer or programmer of some sort?

I don't know why I'm so interested in this person's life - I guess I'm wondering how a person can make enough money to afford all those beautiful kits, and also have enough spare time to build and paint them.

Mortified

Post by Mortified » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:57 pm

I was wondering the same thing. :|

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:18 am

He's a barber. He must charge a lot for a haircut.

Quanto

Post by Quanto » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:34 pm

When I saw the Xbox360 I thought this was an american modeller. Then I saw all the Japanese text everywhere. And I was like, lol, Japanese Xbox owner! He must be one of the only ones XD

Inevitability

Post by Inevitability » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:31 am

Quanto wrote:When I saw the Xbox360 I thought this was an american modeller. Then I saw all the Japanese text everywhere. And I was like, lol, Japanese Xbox owner! He must be one of the only ones XD
Depends really when you're normally o/l and how good your conn is to them doesnt it? :) Our TZ/region here is closer to theirs so we see quite a few. Especially on GRAW and the like.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:27 pm

He uses a nice green color for the Jagd Mirage, and yet that ugly green on the TT.
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:40 pm

happy hopping wrote:He uses a nice green color for the Jagd Mirage, and yet that ugly green on the TT.
I disagree, hh, I think the deeper "true" green looks good on the one Jagd precisely because it is not the TT. The darker green green draws the eye into the detail of the kit and adds weight to the somewhat spindly WSC sculpt.

On the other hand, the TT benefits from the lighter, more yellow green because it "lightens" the very heavy design and enables details to arise out from the huge mass of the kit.

There is an interesting bit of detail variance too in the shins of the two kits that also works well together with the effect of the different shades of green. The non-TT has the red and white "caution" striped lower legs which, again, adds a sort of "weight" or "grounding" to the kit by drawing the eye down toward the striking bit of color there. The diagonal striping pointing down and out to the sides also creates a dynamic "tripod" effect that makes the base (the legs) seem stronger and more stable though, again, they are really quite spindly.

On the TT, there is no such striping. Doesn't need it because the giant guns and very smartly engineered stands for them give the kit plenty of weight and solidity. On the other hand, though, the TT has those ordinance deflectors or whatever they are with the red and white "caution" striping by the shoulders. In this case this bit of detail and color 1) draws the eye to the "core" of the figure (which is higher, around the head now because of the height of the figure with TT added) quite justifiably raising its visual center and creating a small sort of "anchor point" so that one doesn't get lost in the mass of detail; and 2) creating an interesting touch of asymmetry at this visual center to break up the otherwise potentially monotonous "symmetry on a very grand scale."

The asymmetrically posed sheilds also serve to "frame" the head very nicely without doing so really overtly like they would it they were posed symmetrically or somehow "pointing" at the head.

I think the color scheme and posing of both kits is the best I have ever seen. Very thoughtfully done with a very artful eye.

elemental

Post by elemental » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:33 am

Actually, if you look at the colour of the background tiling it seems each jagd was photographed in quite different light. So the colours we are seeing probably aren't a true representation of the colours of the actual kits.

Given that they are both on display in the same place, maybe he simply wanted a bit of variety and thus chose two different greens. I'm sure the guy who painted these Jagds is happy with both greens, and that's the main thing. 8)

KOG

Post by KOG » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:57 am

Of course, the bottom line is... he painted both Jagds. Something not many of us have done...