Jabo Beat 1/15

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

TSP

Jabo Beat 1/15

Post by TSP » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:33 pm

I finished Jabo this weekend. Painting the small figure was a lot of fun although the eyes in this size were harder to paint than some of the 1/24 figures like Wave's Motoko Kusanagi (Tachikoma kit).
Image Image Image Image
Thank you for watching.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:47 pm

That's a nice job you did painting.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

elemental

Post by elemental » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:48 am

Looks good. I almost never see these older figure kits painted. Thanks for sharing your work.

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:13 am

that is a nice job.

what are the details on this kit? what company is it from? How tall? that sort of thing.

It looks really good. I don't always go for the real flashy recent FSS figure designs (like all the Plastic Style stuff) - too far out for me. This one is really attractive.

TSP

Post by TSP » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:05 am

Thank you guys. :D There ain't much pictures of older built FSS kits except for Morthar Headds. And I totally forgot I have these kits untill someone from a figure sculpting forums reminded me about it. Also my last FSS figure kit was back in the days of Wax Trax. It was the 1/6 scale PVC Ssizz from Wave I've built for my brother. So it was about time to do some FSS character modeling again. That's why I built Jabo Beat and the Mirage Knight.
As I already wrote in the "WIP-Thread", this resin figure was a crappy recast from Kaiyodo's 120mm series. The figure is 114mm tall, that are 4.5 inches.
I did a few modifications like replacing the bend saber, re-sculpting the missing right hand and hollow out the skirt.
The paints I used are from Games Workshop and Revell (Aqua Colors).
All painted by hand.
Toyspress Factories Page

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:30 pm

only 4.5 inches! I'm even more impressed now :)

Is the Ssizz you mention this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

and if so is that kit worth the price that seller is asking?

TSP

Post by TSP » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:31 pm

Yes, that's the kind I built. And no, it's not worth the money. The Kit offered by the seller is too pricey. As far as I remember this seller is offering this item on Ebay for 1 1/2 year by now. The kit isn't quit detailed but rare(as an original Wave kit) and easy to build if you want to try out Vinyl GK. But there are also a lot bootlegged copies (Elfin/Phantom) of this kit available on the I-Net, for only 1/6 the price. For this amount of $$$ I would recommend you a resin kit instead.
Toyspress Factories Page
Here are some pictures of a build Ssizz

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:44 pm

Thanks, I will definitely not buy that kit for that price.

Maybe I'll make the seller and offer significantly lower and see if they take me up on it.