KOG 1/35 Joker 3100 Volks [WIP]

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

SymbioS

KOG 1/35 Joker 3100 Volks [WIP]

Post by SymbioS » Sat May 26, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,

I've just receive 2 model kits in 1/35 scale, and i'm proud to present them to you :)

i've got the Knight Of Gold and a LED Mirage. I began with the KOG, here's some pics :

The KOGs kit is in reality a f..ck.n forgery/imitation made by a Thai, so before begining painting, I had to correct all imperfections on the kit... a long hard work because all parts needed to be corrected, and sometimes to be simply refunded/remanufactured.

I'll post pictures as my painting job progress, and i'm interested about your opinion ! and if someone got the same kit, can you share pictures ?

I will begin the LED (Amaterasu) when I finish the KOG

See You !
Last edited by SymbioS on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ladycus sopp

Post by Ladycus sopp » Sat May 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Wellcome to board, this is a great job cheer.

SymbioS

Post by SymbioS » Sat May 26, 2007 4:13 pm

thanks,

I've paint a little this afternoon, but you can see that I will try an alternative color sheme, because I think it is better to not paint all in the same gold.

Kaze

Post by Kaze » Sat May 26, 2007 8:00 pm

well.....io's really gold :)

wellcome

SymbioS

Post by SymbioS » Mon May 28, 2007 8:46 pm

:)

SymbioS

Post by SymbioS » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:09 pm

machine mess

Post by machine mess » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:21 am

This kit, perhaps because it is a recast, seems to have a sort of "lumpy" and rough look to it. The usual convention in FSS modeling is to do a very clean and "pure" paint job, but in this case I would suggest doing shading and weathering with your paint job because of the already rough textures and shapes of the kit itself.

I hope the parts fit together okay and you can get a decent pose put together. It looks like tough bit of work with the recast issues. You are brave to work so hard on this.

SymbioS

Post by SymbioS » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:18 am

machine mess wrote:This kit, perhaps because it is a recast, seems to have a sort of "lumpy" and rough look to it. The usual convention in FSS modeling is to do a very clean and "pure" paint job, but in this case I would suggest doing shading and weathering with your paint job because of the already rough textures and shapes of the kit itself.

I hope the parts fit together okay and you can get a decent pose put together. It looks like tough bit of work with the recast issues. You are brave to work so hard on this.
Hi,

You're right, this kit is a recast, and in my opinion a very bad recast, because i bought in the same time a LED 1/35 and the quality of the kit is far better.
The KOG seems to be a "thief" version, I have to correct all parts with epoxy putty, and sometimes I have to simply build missing parts, like foot stabilisator or knee spoilers...

Paint Job is not finish of course, and for the bust (for example) I will correct this non-clear job, but some others parts will remain "rought" I think it will not impact on the final job.

A lot of parts were not fiting together, and it was a hard work to correct thoss imperfections. I hope I will make a cool finished work

SymbioS

Post by SymbioS » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:30 pm

Here is some new pics, I'm on it again after a short non productive time ^^

I hope to have finish him in less than 2 weeks, yahaaa

SymbioS

Post by SymbioS » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:16 pm

I'm just varnish him :) and do some adjustement