Moderator: kosh

TSP

Mirage Knight 1/8...I guess.

Post by TSP » Sun May 20, 2007 3:12 pm

Image Image Image Image Image

Thank you for watching.

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:29 pm

Nice job on the helm.. it really does work well for the texture of bone.

However, I find that the white and other parts are much too flat. Also, I would have used a cleaner colour - as I can see blues and greys peeking beneath what looks to be white. The surface is rough (as said) and the tell-tale sign of that is the uneven way in which the wash was wiped away.

This is a rare kit. A pleasure to see. Thank you!

cobywan

Post by cobywan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:01 pm

The texture looks beautiful for cloth. If it were simply spray painted plain white it would look like a toy. This looks more like artwork.

fwmc04

re: Mirage Knight

Post by fwmc04 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:32 pm

Hiya!

I'm guessing this is the vinyl kit, rather than the 1/20 resin by Volks or the 1/15 resin by Kaiyodo... I think the vinyl one is a 'non-scale' kit - it's certainly larger than the rest of my 1/8 figures. (I'd guess at least 1/7 scale) I'll look through my books & see if I can find more info on it.

But it looks really good. I like the texture. It does look a little dark to me, but that's probably my monitor. :wink: My one critique would be the possibility of a slightly lighter highlight along the tops of the shoulders & the
folds of the robe - but you know it's just nitpicking when you get down to that level of detail!

If it is the vinyl kit, how did you get the mid-body seam so smooth? Just repeated filling & sanding? Did you pin the horns, or just glue?

Great job!

errol

Post by errol » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:49 pm

The skull/mask turned out really well! Very bone-like.

Awsome kit, awsome job!

TSP

Post by TSP » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:54 am

Thank you for the kind words.

@Vincent Valentine. The white parts with lightly blue and black shades were intended. I didn't like the intense shading on the figure shown on the Toys Press homepage. I should have corrected some mistakes like the blood cross embleme and smooth out the surface. The red parts could need some dark-toned accents too. But I was satisfied with this paintjob and didn't recieved any criticism on any other page. Many people don't care about things they don't know so they don't give feedback. I'll try to correct some parts in the near future.

@fwmc04. Yes it's the Vinyl kit. The horns are pinned or else they won't sustain in the current position. The seppuku gap was a putty and rasp orgy. It was time consuming and frustrating. That's why I had this project on hold for a few years. I posted some WIP pictures in the "Someone working on something thread". Thought everyone saw these so there was no need to post them again.

sarion

Post by sarion » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:03 pm

great work! i've this kit too but have put off modeling my stuff for a few years, married life does take its toll :P
how did u do ur bone colors? my previous experience on Horn Mirage was quite disastrous.....