Anyone working on anything?

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

Anyone working on anything?

Postby jinnai » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:38 am

Subject says it all...

Is it only myself and Jack working on kits thesedays?

I know Winston is about to start on something...

So fess up people. Let's get some life back in this area of the boards!

jinnai

Postby elemental » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:37 am

I haven't painted or modelled in months. :(

Maybe I'll get something done in the new year.
elemental

Postby cobywan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:18 am

I'm not working on FSS these days. I've been building the Nu Galactica for the last three years now.
cobywan

Postby sarion » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:21 am

elemental wrote:I haven't painted or modelled in months. :(

Maybe I'll get something done in the new year.

mine is counted in years, isn't that more pathetic? :(
anyway, wishing everyone here a happy new year! :roll:
sarion

Postby jinnai » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:32 pm

cobywan wrote:I'm not working on FSS these days. I've been building the Nu Galactica for the last three years now.

Coby, you're excused. I constantly troll SSMF and the RPF and see your Biggie G progress. And it's damn fine.

Owen, stop bludging. =p

Just as a heads up: I recieve 2 Jade Temples on Tuesday. One is for me, one is for Winston. Jack, myself and Winston will be peforming a Colus group build over at Hobbyfanatics, basically the idea is.. well, just to build any Colus MH. Whether it be 1/144, 1/100, an old Volks Berlin, or the snazzy new 1/144 Last Junchoon from Wave. It's just something to encourage everyone to finish something.

Even Jack is somewhat committed to finishing his SAV Sr1. That's saying something, isn't it? :)
jinnai

Postby KOG » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:50 pm

I haven't started/continued/finished anything in a great many months.
KOG

Postby Sheizzel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:26 pm

Nothing much going on here either...Just working on the SR-1 bit by bit whenever I feel like it. Had to do a couple of mods, one is needed, the other not.

Mod was needed on the pipings in the forearm. For some reason the pipings on my recast came out shorter than they were supposed to be. From looking at the instructiona manual, it seems as though the tip on one end was unknowingly chopped off by the workshop. With that said, I was not able to fully connect the pipes on both ends. Instead of extending the pipes, I went ahead and slightly modified the wrist to fit the pipes. Here's what I ended up with.

The not so needed mod was performed on the face mask. I thought a more curvy face mask would look better...I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I think the eyes on the SAV SR-1 look better than the visor on the MM SR-1.

Sheizzel

Postby yp » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:04 am

jinnai wrote:
cobywan wrote:I'm not working on FSS these days. I've been building the Nu Galactica for the last three years now.

Coby, you're excused. I constantly troll SSMF and the RPF and see your Biggie G progress. And it's damn fine.

Owen, stop bludging. =p

Just as a heads up: I recieve 2 Jade Temples on Tuesday. One is for me, one is for Winston. Jack, myself and Winston will be peforming a Colus group build over at Hobbyfanatics, basically the idea is.. well, just to build any Colus MH. Whether it be 1/144, 1/100, an old Volks Berlin, or the snazzy new 1/144 Last Junchoon from Wave. It's just something to encourage everyone to finish something.

Even Jack is somewhat committed to finishing his SAV Sr1. That's saying something, isn't it? :)

Guys, is the Colus group build still on? I was talking with KOG the other day, and if this is still on, we both agreed to build Berlin White...
yp

Postby Sheizzel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:52 pm

yp wrote:Guys, is the Colus group build still on? I was talking with KOG the other day, and if this is still on, we both agreed to build Berlin White...

I think it's still on, but we just never came up with things like when the deadline will be. Jinnai was the one who came up with the idea, so we'll have to wait and see what he says.
Sheizzel

Postby jinnai » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:51 pm

Still on.

Scheduled to begin in March. :) Gives myself some time to finish some stuff before beginning, and also gives Winston plenty of time to start.

Knowing Jack, he'll still be priming his SR1 at that time. :P
jinnai

Postby KOG » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:54 pm

So we're not supposed to start building until March?

Hmm... I might need to start earlier if I'm going to have a reasonable chance of finishing in time. :)
KOG

Postby Sheizzel » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:51 am

jinnai wrote:Knowing Jack, he'll still be priming his SR1 at that time. :P

It's ok, I'll still be ahead of Winston :P .
Sheizzel

Postby jinnai » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 pm

KOG wrote:So we're not supposed to start building until March?

Hmm... I might need to start earlier if I'm going to have a reasonable chance of finishing in time. :)

Well, you can start now if you truely wish. Considering Jack has already started.

Deadline hasn't been finalised (more closer to the 1st of March), but I'm thinking 3 months is sufficiant for everyone to finish something. :)

Yes, even Jack. :P

It's more of a motivation tool to get everyone going. And it'd also be nice to have a mini online Colus gathering. :)

The only real rule is that you HAVE to post an update every Sunday. It cannot be the same as the previous week either. By that I mean, you cannot have just sanded and pinned the arms one week, then done nothing the following but try to pass it off anyway. :P

And that includes photos and a description. :)
jinnai

Postby yp » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:54 pm

March, huh? I guess I can try to build another kit between now and then before getting started on the Berlin.

jinnai wrote:
The only real rule is that you HAVE to post an update every Sunday. It cannot be the same as the previous week either. By that I mean, you cannot have just sanded and pinned the arms one week, then done nothing the following but try to pass it off anyway. :P

And that includes photos and a description. :)

Although this is kind of strict :roll:
yp

Postby KOG » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:51 pm

yp wrote:Although this is kind of strict :roll:

Yeah, getting a kit done will be hard enough in itself. :)
KOG

Next

Return to FSS Modeling