WSC Engage SR-3 comic ver.

Models and Toys Related to Five Star Stories

Moderator: kosh

John F. Moscato

Post by John F. Moscato » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:08 pm

Stagnant demographics is more likely the culprit. Toy and model companies, like any other business, cater to the markets that bring-in money. Fewer and fewer young people are taking-up modelling as a hobby, prefering more retard-friendly hobbies like toys (Dollfie anyone?) (instant gratification) videogames, or drugs. Fewer new modelers = shrinking base market.

Couple that with the fact that the average FSS fan, male, most likely in his late 20s-30s, has most likely been a fan for several years already, and will most likely already have some (or almost all) FSS models, depending on their building ability, passion, or finances.

As a result, most modelers will tend to be selective about their purchases, and since I don't think many new FSS fans are being recruited in droves (think Gun-Damn) them the existing kit makers have to contend with more or less the existing client base, which may or may not be shrinking on the whole.

The short version: fewer new releases is all because of demand (or lack thereof.)
John F. Moscato

elemental

Post by elemental » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:57 am

Good points, John.

I know buying kits and making them are two separate things, but sad to say most of us here who are into FSS modelling do more talking about modelling than actual FSS modelling. Myself included.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:16 pm

elemental wrote: I know buying kits and making them are two separate things, but sad to say most of us here who are into FSS modelling do more talking about modelling than actual FSS modelling. Myself included.
It is sad to say this, but I can definitely relate to what's being said :oops: .

I am currently building something. However, it'll take a long time till it is finished because of the things I want to change on a certain kit.

KOG

Post by KOG » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:59 am

Well, buying is what supports the market. Not building.

I haven't been building anything lately, but I'm still supporting the market by buying.

But I suppose if people don't buy new stuff because they know they won't build it, that does affect demand.

Get to building folks!

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am

KOG wrote:Well, buying is what supports the market. Not building.

I haven't been building anything lately, but I'm still supporting the market by buying.
Yes... you would be one of the few exceptions. HLJ and Celga have each named part of their buildings/warehouses after you. 8)
But I suppose if people don't buy new stuff because they know they won't build it, that does affect demand.

Get to building folks!
I was hoping to start building again well before christmas, but I don't think it will happen until new year. :(

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:43 am

elemental wrote:
Yes... you would be one of the few exceptions. HLJ and Celga have each named part of their buildings/warehouses after you. 8)
Oh....so that order of 5000 Twin Tower, that was him? :D
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:14 pm

Yoda finished his WSC Jade Temple. I think it looks great, much much better than the pictures at WSC site.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/YODASHP/jadetemple.htm

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:32 am

Found pictures from ModelGraphix.

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:10 am

Syujyu finished his SR-3.

http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~syujyu/jade.htm

fudoc

Post by fudoc » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:47 am

Is that the WSC kit that is the pictured above in ModelGraphix? And also is the SR3 from Syujyu's site the WSC kit? Or is that his own rendition of the SR3? They look very similar to me.

happy hopping

Post by happy hopping » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:17 am

Found pictures from ModelGraphix.
he already said the above
If you buy a pet from pet stores , you are encouraging those breeders to breed more. This is the condition that they lives in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As

when you buy a pet:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNr-VrkXl8

Adopt a pet

Sheizzel

Post by Sheizzel » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:21 pm

fudoc wrote:Is that the WSC kit that is the pictured above in ModelGraphix? And also is the SR3 from Syujyu's site the WSC kit? Or is that his own rendition of the SR3? They look very similar to me.
The SR-3s shown in Model Graphix and Syujyu's site are the same WSC kit.

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:27 pm

Does anyone have scans of the manga pages? I'd really like to see what the Jade looks like there.

I get the feeling that from the back, the Jade WSC looks very short. The legs just .. dissapear.

jinnai

Post by jinnai » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:46 am

After much procrastinating, I finally bit the bullet and got a Jade for myself, and one for Winston.

They arrived today: note HLJ still don't have them in stock. ^_~

Click here for the pictures.