FSS 1-6, 9-13, 15

Trades, Sales and Exchanges of FSS Items

Moderator: kosh

TSP

FSS 1-6, 9-13, 15

Post by TSP » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:24 pm

I mentioned before that my not so local comic book dealer has a few copies in stock. The price tag and shipment cost weren't very attractive for foreign customers. Not even the local customers buy from him at that price range. After sitting on these books for nearly 3years he finally thought about precious shelf space Now he's willing to sell them at Evil Bay for a lower price. Mid December last year I asked him if he would sell all books for 80 Euros. They denied. :roll:
FSS Ebay Auction

FSS is still unknown in my country. People only build MH GK here without knowing whats the story behind the merchandise.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm kinda low on cash right now. I think a lot of people are, since it's post-Christmas. This shop owner certainly picked a lousy time to start selling his FSS books. He's going to get less for them than he would ordinarily.

He definitely should have taken your offer. He might not get even half that much selling them all individually and he'll incur more cost and effort doing so.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:13 pm

From what I could figure on the auction page, he doesn't seem to ship anywhere other than Germany (that is Deutschland, right?). Any possibility of you grabbing a couple for me?

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:21 pm

So.. is that a no?

TSP

Post by TSP » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Neeyahaha wrote:So.. is that a no?
Aaaargh! I AM SO SORRY!!! I only look into this forum once a week since we don't have much to discuss...lately. So I didn't see your post. Guess it's too late now since the auctions are over already. :oops: I'm very very sorry.
*kick myself in the @ss twice*

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 pm

How did the auctions go? Did he sell all of them? What did he end up getting as a total sale price?

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:42 am

It's alright. If you find out sometime that he's still got #2 and/or #11, I'm still interested.

TSP

Post by TSP » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Looks like vol. 9 and 15 are back on sale. I'm really sorry Neeyaha but I'll keep my eyes open and notify you if I see those new for a reasonable low price.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:37 pm

Really, it's alright. I appreciate any help I can get.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:46 pm

I'm still on the look out and I haven't forgetten your help. If I see 2 and 11, I'll let you know. I've currently got every issue up to #7 with the exception of #2. But I have to say, locating these books have been much easier than I thought.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:51 am

Yeah. It's trickier than normal comics, but just by making a few phone calls, it's amazing who still has them in stock.

Although, I haven't seen many in the high teens or 20's, so I'm kinda worried about being able to get those once I've worked my way up to there.

Also, Kinokuniya book stores in NY has some still in stock, I believe, and are great people to deal with, although the prices aren't the greatest. If you're willing to pay for nice and reliable service, I'd suggest getting in touch with them. Just as an idea, it cost me $73 for five books from them. $10 a book, and $23 for shipping.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:10 am

I'm going to exhaust everything in Canada first, since it's cheapest for me. I obtained 4-6 at a store in Calgary where I was visiting for the holidays. The others I've obtained her in T-Dot and there's still a lot more I have to call. I agree that it's not nearly as bad as I'd originally feared, but it does take a step beyond normal shopping.

Neeyahaha

Post by Neeyahaha » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:32 pm

There's a place in Mississauga, Altered States I believe, and they have #'s 1, 3, 4 and 12, if I remember right. They charge the usual $10.

TSP

Post by TSP » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:18 am

Auctions have been updated. Just click on the link in Post#1.
Neeyahaha got PM'ed.