Anyone need the Archive section?

Your thoughts on this site and message board

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone need the Archive section?

Post by Tachyon » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:15 pm

Under About GEARS there's a link to the Archive section. Do people ever go there? I've never had any feedback regarding it.

Once I get low on Web space I'm thinking of whacking that section off to make room. Does anyone care?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Altron

Archive

Post by Altron » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:17 pm

Hey, i like the archive, but It would be WAAAAAAAAAY Better, like when you have time to scan in the whole book, manga, etc...

All it is, is a bunch of pictures... This board on a whole is good, but what you should try to do is affiliate with other sites; Big and little alike. The idea would be first, to get to know some webmasters, then try to get some hits as you go along.

Im open for affiliation!!! If you would like to send me an email at mechinfinity@yahoo.com or AIM at AltronWing04

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:53 pm

Yeah, I should look into more affiliations. I contacted a lot of Webmasters of mecha Web sites a while back and only got one reply. Most of those guys are either busy or don't care too much.

I'll try another round of promotions after the Sentinel section is completed. This week is mostly taken up with moving to Montana.

As for links, every site that links to GEARS Online improves its standing in the search engines so links from other sites are important. When I approach other people talking about links I put a link to their site first as a show of good faith. When other people approach me I think it's fine but I wait until they link to me before linking to them. If a lot of mecha Web sites link to each other their standing in the search engines improves.

I just don't like going to the trouble to link to a site only to hear the Web master there tell me, "Whoa, don't have time to link to you. Maybe later. See ya!"
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Temjin

Post by Temjin » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:31 am

nah, you don't need affiliations, just do things in your own way and things will be fine. Try to have some fun, and don't try too hard. :)

khalahaley

Post by khalahaley » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:57 pm

Heh, never really saw the section untill now... And I'll say its good! Agreed with Altron on how it can be a lot better though.

Altron

Post by Altron » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:10 pm

You might wanna i dunno, like stated before, put useful things in it, not just scans of covers....

w/e floats ur boat
~Altron