Lovely-need help?

Your thoughts on this site and message board

Moderator: kosh

Arcane

Lovely-need help?

Post by Arcane » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:56 pm

Lovely site. I was mostly attracted by a banner on MAHQ from someone's post...can't remember who, maybe you.

I think this site has great potential.
One thing I think you should do is update the main page with news, similarly to how MAHQ does it. It allows people to see what's going on and also how often the site is updated. It's always a plus.

I see you need someone with mecha information in their brains, well, I've quite a bit of knowledge, well, alot of knowledge on those 10-18 ft monsters if you'd still like the help. I'd gladly write profiles if possible.

I also do some drawing, well, a lot. I'm a humble fellow. I'm somewhat slow at it but I think there's a certain level of quality to my art. If you'd like, I'd do some drawings of MS for the site.
Here's my personal website: http://spikeart.polyevolution.com

If you think I'm worthwhile, please email me. If not, well , cool site nonetheless.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:31 pm

Hey, Arcane! Welcome to the club.

Yeah, the site news on the front page is a good idea. I shouldn't expect every casual site visitor to stop by the message board. I'll have to work on that this weekend.

I stopped by your site. Great artwork! Yeah, I'd like to get some more contributors to this site. Artwork and profile writing would both help. Let me know what you'd like to do first.

These days I'm working on finishing up the Mobile Suits page of the Gundam Sentinel site. After that I'm considering doing sections for Bio Booster Armor Guyver, Nadesico, Cyber Formula, Bubblegum Crisis and others. Let me know what you think and what you'd like to work on.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Arcane

Post by Arcane » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:47 pm

I think it'd be best if I stuck to writing mecha profiles for now.
I'm mostly familiar with Gundam but I'm willing to learn about other mecha-oriented animes.

Unfortunately, like most people, I don't know much about Gundam Sentinel suits but I suppose that I could learn about them. Other series (especially those animated, I've got pretty solid info of stored in my noggin). So, if you're interested in another Gundam series, then sure!
If not and only Sentinel....sure! But only profiles for now.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:15 pm

Okay, you can start doing some profile work and we can think about art later on when you've got more time.

The reason I've been limiting my Gundam section is because I don't have a lot of information beyond images. I'm sitting on an archive of images I can scan. Let me know what part of Gundam you'd like to do profiles for and I'll let you know if I've got a good stock of images.

I can read and translate some Japanese - good enough for stats like "wingspan" and "total weight" but when it comes to basic information like its history or whether it's weak or strong I have to defer to other people.

Off the top of my head, I know I've got lots of images for G Gundam, Gundam Wing, 0083, Gundam X, Char's Counterattack, G Unit/Last Outpost and Z Gundam. I also have a good supply of Gundam variants and offshoots.

Get back to me and we can start to talk about our first project.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Arcane

Post by Arcane » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:22 pm

How about we continue this via pming?

I much rather UC stuff since AC technology can't always be based on solid technical facts. Eitherways, G Gundam and G Unit are the only ones I'm not too solid about.

Since I have to make a choice, can I start with 0083 then?