Zeorymer section

Your thoughts on this site and message board

Moderator: kosh

kosh

Zeorymer section

Post by kosh » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:57 am

I like the Zeorymer section.The designs are great,but up til now I've never heard of it before.What's the background for the story?
Do you understand?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:09 pm

http://www.animatedbliss.com/DVD/listin ... 20Zeorymer

https://secure.centralparkmedia.com/cpm ... =USMD_2304
https://secure.centralparkmedia.com/cpm ... =USMD_2309

These links will provide more information on the series. The first link gives some info and suggests where a person can purchase it while the 2 other links are info on the series from the folks at US Manga Corps (the translators).

Zeorymer was a 4 episode OAV series put out in 1989. It doesn't seem to be connected to any other anime before or after. Kia Asamiya (Dark Angel and Silent Mobius) did the character designs.

The story is about teenager Akitsu Masato who is kidnapped and told that he was genetically designed to be the pilot of the Zeorymer, a giant robot that was turned over to the Japanese Government by a traitor from the secret organization known as the Hau Dragon. The Hau Dragon is finishing the last of their remaining 7 robots and plans to use them to take over the world.

Masato struggles to come to grips with the revelations of his past and the morality of piloting a weapon of war. In the cockpit of the Zeorymer, when stress arises a 2nd personality takes over - one that is ruthless and bloodthirsty.

The Hau Dragon sends several of their giant robots as assassins to destroy the Zeorymer but they're always defeated. The Hau Dragon finally decides to go for broke with their remaining robots and start causing havoc and demanding people to surrender to their rule. Masato and the Zeorymer show up and a final confrontation ensues.

I like the series but they tried to cram too much character development into a total running time of 2 hours. 3 hours would have given them more room and made things flow nicer. The mecha action was cool. Closer to "super robots" than, say, Gundam. No handheld weapons. Everything's built-in.

Does that answer your questions?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:55 pm

It answered mine lol

!Jakon

Post by !Jakon » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:03 am

kewl topic guys :) :)

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:12 pm

Minor problem, Tachyon. SRW J state that the unnamed mech is called "Hau Dragon" (Yuratei will pilot it instead of Great Zeorymer if player doesn't use Zeorymer to defeat all of other Hakeshu). Any comment?
Justice will never lose!