FSS Designs 1 - Easter, AKD

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Rubel Colus

FSS Designs 1 - Easter, AKD

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:26 pm

I read from a few boards and some people have already bought it!!! One of them as early as 21st!! >_<"

There are many new design pictures and older ones, all comes with the year it was drawn, many new background settings. One of the more shocking news is the revealing of the real character of Madora Moirai / Picking Harris "Spark. There is even more to her than it was revealed.

Nagano reveals what he planned for the upcoming Designs 2. It will consist of all other countries except Hathuha and Kastepo, mainly focusing on Knights, Fatima and MHs. Designs 3 will be Hathuha, Kastepo, Dragons, Super Empire, Caligula, etc. Designs 4 will touch on the latest designs including new characters and new fatima suits... and the new manga serialization will start at about the same time as Designs 4. (... crap, does that mean we've gotta wait MUCH longer?!)

I dunno if u consider this good news, but the man himself said he's now at "full power" and is currently already thinking/planning about the story for upto vol 20 (JP). :roll:
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:13 pm

Thank you so much for the update. It looks like we have a lot to look forward to.

I'm anxiously awaiting my copies from Hobby Link Japan. Since I help with images for the FSS pages here, I'll be busy when the new book arrives.

Also, it may be a good thing that we didn't post the Spark profile yet. There will be more info to add.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:14 pm

Thats's funny. I was going to finish writing that up today!

I'll hold off until we get word about the AKD book then...
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: FSS Designs 1 - Easter, AKD

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:28 pm

Rubel Colus wrote:I read from a few boards and some people have already bought it!!! One of them as early as 21st!! >_<"

There are many new design pictures and older ones, all comes with the year it was drawn, many new background settings. One of the more shocking news is the revealing of the real character of Madora Moirai / Picking Harris "Spark. There is even more to her than it was revealed.
Wow..okay. We're going to need a translation of that info ASAP..that was the very next profile I was going to write (revise...I already sent one to Tachyon just for "Spark", but he wants a full profile on both Spark/Madora in one writeup) Guess I'll get started on Ballanche and the Fatimas while I wait for the info...
Nagano reveals what he planned for the upcoming Designs 2. It will consist of all other countries except Hathuha and Kastepo, mainly focusing on Knights, Fatima and MHs. Designs 3 will be Hathuha, Kastepo, Dragons, Super Empire, Caligula, etc. Designs 4 will touch on the latest designs including new characters and new fatima suits... and the new manga serialization will start at about the same time as Designs 4. (... crap, does that mean we've gotta wait MUCH longer?!)
:shock:

I figured that Fillmore would get their own book, but I guess the other countries don't fill up that much space. So Designs 4 will be all the "new" stuff to finish off the Majestic Stand, or even further beyond? Hmmm...

And I hope Designs 2 and 3 are almost ready for printing....otherwise it's gonna take 2 more years before he gets back to the manga. That would make this the longest break yet...So cruel Nagano! So cruel...
I dunno if u consider this good news, but the man himself said he's now at "full power" and is currently already thinking/planning about the story for upto vol 20 (JP). :roll:
Sweet! I do consider that good news. I consider it fantastic news! That means he's committed through the Grand Invasion on up to Monarch Sacred. Maybe even up to the Battle of Stant depending on how long he drags out the other stories (if they're as long as the Majestic Stand, it could be a while)

I was afraid that maybe he was getting tired of drawing FSS and maybe wanted to move on. After hearing that I no longer have that fear....for now.

Thanks for the info Rubel!
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:45 pm

It's now in stock on hlj, with a few pages spread :
http://www.hlj.com/product/KDK53881
Meeeh only one new artwork on all those pages...
Hope there's more new stuff...

The Apache in AKD designs ? :? So be it. :roll:

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:32 pm

HLJ is processing my order for shipping now.

Well, dang. Now that I've looked at the preview pages, it looks like there's a whole lot of re-run old images. I hope we get a healthy selection of new art (or old art that wasn't in the pages of Characters books).

Why was the Eleshis given a new color scheme?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

KOG

Post by KOG » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:02 pm

Tachyon wrote:HLJ is processing my order for shipping now.

Well, dang. Now that I've looked at the preview pages, it looks like there's a whole lot of re-run old images. I hope we get a healthy selection of new art (or old art that wasn't in the pages of Characters books).

Why was the Eleshis given a new color scheme?
Hm, I don't like that new Eleshis scheme too much.

I think I'll um, just go ahead and use the old paint scheme on my kit...

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:09 pm

Yeah, I prefer the darker blue myself. I still love the design though. One of my favorites.

Rubel did say that there were quite a few new images in amongst the old ones...
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:20 am

I suspect that color scheme was an early idea that got changed later. Can't confirm though... i hope my book is in the mail already... :?

Grabbed a pic from yahoo auctions :oops: :P juz to show u guys a white Auge.

Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Falk

Post by Falk » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:35 pm

Yup', I've seen that white Auge, surprising.
Though rather than white, this could mean it's fully chrome-plated ?
And perhaps the whole modeller community misunderstood the original (more purple-grey-ish) color scheme.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:41 pm

I always thought of it as silver/metallic. Still looks that way to me...
Shinei!

machine mess

another U.S. source

Post by machine mess » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:31 pm

I ordered a copy today from Kinokuniya in Costa Mesa. I tried the 1-800-59-JAPAN number first and they didn't have it, but they told me Costa Mesa did and gave me their number. That number is: 1-714-662-2319.

They asked me how many copies I wanted, so I didn't get their last one.

and the price: $39.20 (no tax as I am in Michigan) plus $6 for UPS shipping (faster than HLJ for about the same price, and one needn't be tempted - as I always am - to "save on shipping" by ordering a model or two "as long as I'm already placing an order").

thought I'd let y'all know about this hook up.