FSS Pages Update Jun 28, 2005

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:41 am

I've got Characters 8 prepped for scanning. Lots of cool vehicles and ships. And, yes, the powered armor stuff is there. What pages do you want scanned? I can scan Japanese text and give it to anyone who can read it.

I'm in the middle of cleaning up a 2 page spread of Spector from Characters 4. Color matching the 2 pages is a bear... :?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:51 am

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:I think you might be onto something Rubel:

The stuff printed in English volume 18 is slightly different from the stuff printed from July, August and September of '94. There's stuff on those tittle pages that aren't in the English version, so I'm assuming here that the info from the English version is from Characters 8: AKD (which I do not posses)

That sux! The stuff on those tittle pages looks pretty cool (like the AKD Powered Armors) and I'd like to see a translation of that stuff...
Ok, I got my TOJs yday, and true enough TOJ#3 has full 6 pages exactly the same as the ones from NT'94. Also, I've briefly flipped thru and noticed that ALOOT of stuff, esp the AKD ground troop's battle, didn't make it to the final manga volumes. The manga only showed that the AKD were having the upper hand, but in fact they had taken alot of beating, and lost alot of men in the beginning.

Still don't have a readable version of the 94-Oct title page (count of both armed forces), also MH Scritti etc :(
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

hitori

Post by hitori » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:31 am

The part corresponding to JP vol 7~8 saw a lot of editing.
Most noteworthy being Aisha's entrance in to the battlefield, König's anger over AKD's delaying tactics, and Miss AKD Space Force's fight.
There is a ToJ volume that explains what was removed and how they were edited from the magazine serialized version.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:06 am

Yes, its TOJ 11 iirc. TOJ 12 starts on the next chapter (chivalries).

and hitori hit the bullseye regarding the other 3 most significant changes. The manga vol is way too brief.

so hitori you collect ToJ?

will be taking more time to enjoy the TOJ tonite :)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:09 am

personally, i feel the emperor rescue mission is very disjointed in the Manga (at least in the Chinese Edition, which i suspect should be verbatim to Japanese Edition). most notably is the Miss Space Force (who is actually a knight) - how could she manage to help Amaterasu and Suezo after fighting with Allen Bradford? or there are two Ms Space Force or knights? just does't make sense.

2000YearsOldMan

Post by 2000YearsOldMan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:10 pm

Very good stuffs.
original gundam series rule.
my site www.ericguoart.com

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:13 pm

Oh BTW Tachyon, the red crenel line in the FSS section of the site, are they made with CSS ?

I quickly looked at CSS the other day (CSS looks quite powerful, but it looks easy to get lost, particularly with borders) and discovered the dotted parameter, and instantaneously thought : "oh ! by combining 2 borders, one solid and the other dotted, I can do FEMC crenels everywhere ! :D "

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:59 pm

I was in a hurry that day so I made a 2 color GIF.

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:07 pm

Lol, ok^^

I tried to display the background image only buck it displayed the blood cross instead of the crenels so I wasn't sure.

It looks like there's some nice tricks to do with CSS, but it only comes with practice I guess (well like everything), I'll have to take a closer look at that.

I also learned how to stick a picture at the bottom of the page. I once wanted to do that for my hypotethical MH sitewhich may never see the light of day, but now that I know how to do it, I tried and it really slows the browser.

Well I'm talking about that cuz' I wanted to do this to add shadows of the MH's heads like on english book 20, and one picture on the left and one on the right would've move along with the browser to keep a line of MH's shadows... But it doesn't work as it slows everything down to 1fps...

But I keep my ideas for gears if you want^^

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:56 am

I'd like to see a model of your CSS experiment. It certainly sounds interesting. I've spent some time reading CSS books for work. I practice certain techniques on Gears Online before pitching ideas to my boss. I haven't tried anything really daring yet.

CSS hacks can be used for all sorts of fun things. Microsoft's IE7, due later this year, should make CSS easier to implement for public sites.

That reminds me, I haven't yet returned to implementing Falk's ideas for the FSS pages. Ack! Not enough time!