August 2013 Newtype scans

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

levrin

August 2013 Newtype scans

Post by levrin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:46 pm

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwOFD18 ... sp=sharing
Conversations continue. Oh no, we forgot about Hite. LDI-20 fishes for information and displays an unexpected interest in Amaterasu, who keeps erasing Caligula agents. Trippy prophetic dream sequence with Nein and Ty-Phon.

Also, this issue came with a poster of the Zarathustra Apter Bringer art from the May issue.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: August 2013 Newtype scans

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Sweet! Thanks. Downloading now.
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Now I want to know what transpired in the conversation between Nein and Optical Typhoon. The header in that sequence said it was taking place in the Crown galaxy between 5,670,000,000 years and Infinity. Damn you Nagano! Why do you have to be so cryptic!?!? (I love it, btw. That's part of what keeps me coming back)
Shinei!

levrin

Post by levrin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:18 am

The Monarch Sacred seems to be an Akashic Record of sorts, with each line representing a human life; both Nein and Ty-Phon don't seem to be happy with the way it indicates humanity turns out, and Ty-Phon becomes Fatima for Nein's GTM, "Five Star Stories". (Nagano actually uses the Chinese pronunciation for FSS here as well.)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 pm

levrin wrote:The Monarch Sacred seems to be an Akashic Record of sorts, with each line representing a human life; both Nein and Ty-Phon don't seem to be happy with the way it indicates humanity turns out, and Ty-Phon becomes Fatima for Nein's GTM, "Five Star Stories". (Nagano actually uses the Chinese pronunciation for FSS here as well.)
Makes sense to me that the Monarch Sacred is like an Akashic Record. So Typhoon is going to enter the scene along with Nein? That seems a little like over-kill to me. I guess they would probably be the only team capable of matching against Amaterasu and Lachesis. Interesting...
Shinei!

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Is the Chinese pronunciation because of it being said by Nein?

I remember when the Machine Mess. first appeared (or an early appearance) they were all talking in Chinese characters, which Nagano requested to be left untranslated.