What is the Majestic Stand?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

LaughingMan

What is the Majestic Stand?

Post by LaughingMan » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:16 pm

During what Joker year(s) does this event occur and what was it all about?
I read before that the Majestic Stand is supposed to be happening soon in the English volumes.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:00 am

U can check the Timeline at the back of your books.

Majestic Stand actual battles start JC 3030. But timeline says 3010 perhaps referring to the Black Three attack on Float Temple marking it as the start of the battle.

The war is centered on Hathuha. Lots of different knights from different countries fighting against each other.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: What is the Majestic Stand?

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:53 pm

LaughingMan wrote:During what Joker year(s) does this event occur and what was it all about?
I read before that the Majestic Stand is supposed to be happening soon in the English volumes.
As Rubel pointed out, "officially" the Majestic Stand started in J.C. 3030 with Buchtgma's invasion of Hathua. However, the assault on Float Temple by the Black Three (Eng Vol 26) can be considered part of that war.

The Majestic Stand is in referrence to the fact that the major players in the war are fighting over Diver supremacy. It is also known as the "Great War of Magic". The king of Magic Kingdom Buchtgma is Dis Vosdjasforth, a very powerful Diver who once challenged Sop's mom to a battle for control of Delta Belune's Diver's Guild.
Hathua's "Shaman of Atoll" is considered one of the top Divers in the galaxy and her heir (Magdall) is one of the most powerful Divers in history, so Vos invades Hathua in order to try and absorb it into his own kingdom to control these powerful forces...possibly to take on Amaterasu directly, but this is unclear at the moment.
Shinei!

elemental

Post by elemental » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:27 am

I don't recall hearing the term "Great War of Magic" before, but I guess that accounts for why it has been called the "Sorcerer Wars" in the english version. Personally, I much prefer the term "Majestic Stand"... sounds much better to me.

There is another english translation term that really irks me... "The Blazing Empress". What was wrong with "The Empress Flame", which was already being used (in english) before the translations came out? Just a point of interest, not meant to be a personal attack on the translator.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:14 am

The "other name" for Majestic Stand translates to something like "Great wars of Magic". Prior to this war, Amaterasu's Divers Para Guild is the largest organisation of divers in these 4 systems, but after Vos took over Sibul (sp?) and re-org it into Bughtama Magic Kingdom, many divers joined him and they become the largest org of divers. Vos wanted to remove Mugumika and Magdall so that he will be undoubtedly the greatest sorcerer in Joker. (Except Amaterasu of coz, but he's not human and Vos knows it).

As with other names and knowing Nagano, there's always more than one meaning, Majestic Stand actually also refers to the gods watching from above, thus the title.
Looking for:

LaughingMan

Post by LaughingMan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:17 pm

I thought I should post my questions here instead of starting a totally new thread as these questions are related to the subject (upcoming story).

There are some new characters introduced in Japanese book #11. I would like to know a little about them such as are they a headliner? what MH do they operate, which country/kingdom they work for?

Nais Brunhilde (Her Fatima is named Giselle). I can read the Kanji (Chinese) characters and it seems to suggest that she is a headliner and a leader of some kind of mercenary group.

Sanjo Kou- a female ninja? Her fatima is named Daimon.

Nona Strauss (or StrauB) a headliner officer? Her Fatima is named Lapis

Madora Moirai. She is the other personae of Spark/Picking Harris. Fatima Belkut and Fatima Krakaline are attributed to her. Is the fatima assigned to a particular personality?

Fatima Hugtrang....why is she "secret" in the Fatima listing? Anythng to do with the MH Phantom?

Canadian FSS Fan

Post by Canadian FSS Fan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:24 pm

I do know that Nais Brunhilde is the leader of the Kneu Syltiss white group and also pilots the white phantom.

Anything beyond that I am clueless.

hitori

Post by hitori » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:44 pm

Canadian FSS Fan wrote:I do know that Nais Brunhilde is the leader of the Kneu Syltiss white group and also pilots the white phantom.

Anything beyond that I am clueless.
If you heard that from me, I apologize.
I was confused about that information at the time. :oops:
Naias is a member of the White Group, but not the leader.
The leader of White Groups is a guy named Gyancy Galla: new character introduced in Knight Flags.
She leads the Boorey Mercenary Knights.

LaughingMan

Post by LaughingMan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:22 am

Thanks guys.

I should be more clear in my posting. I came across these new character names and pictures in Chronicles 2005. I cannot read Japanese, but I recognize some of the Chinese characters in the text.

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:02 pm

LaughingMan wrote:Nais Brunhilde (Her Fatima is named Giselle). I can read the Kanji (Chinese) characters and it seems to suggest that she is a headliner and a leader of some kind of mercenary group.
Naias is a Headdliner of Filmore Empire.
During the Matotaisen, she was given one of the three Phantoms (White) and was put in charge of the Boorei Mercenary Corp.
Giselle is a Ballanche Fatima.
A-A-A-B-B1 (a rather balanced stats for a Ballanche fatima, huh?)
LaughingMan wrote:Sanjo Kou- a female ninja? Her fatima is named Daimon.
Yes, Sanjo Kyou is a kunoichi of the Iota Space Knights.
She is like a sister to Jacquos.
Daimon is also a Ballanche Fatima.
Her MH is unknown.
LaughingMan wrote:Nona Strauss (or StrauB) a headliner officer? Her Fatima is named Lapis.
Nonna Strauß is a Cardinal of Kulvulkan.
She is a 'Dollplayer' like Muse van Reiback, but her BangDoll is called 'Cardinal Bang.'
Would it be a red colored MH? That'd be interesting. (3 times faster than a regular Bang! j/k)
Lapis is (again) a Ballanche Fatima.
LaughingMan wrote:Madora Moirai. She is the other personae of Spark/Picking Harris. Fatima Belkut and Fatima Krakaline are attributed to her. Is the fatima assigned to a particular personality?
You seem like you know about Madora, so I'll skip her.
Belkut and Krakalaine are both her Fatimas no matter what her personality is.
But it seems like Belkut favors Madora while Krakaline favors Spark.
Belkut is by Dr. Steel Koop, Krakaline is by Dr. Chrome Ballanche.
Madora is supposed to pilot the Black Phantom, but we haven't seen that yet.

*Belkut is probably named after the famous forward-swept wing Russian aircraft S-37 Berkut, but whether the L instead of R is intentional, we'd never know...
LaughingMan wrote:Fatima Hugtrang....why is she "secret" in the Fatima listing? Anythng to do with the MH Phantom?
Hugtrang is a very unusual Fatima.
As you know, many of Ballanche's earlier Fatimas had some sort of problem when their stats were pushed to the max.
As a possible solution, Chrome inserted one condition to her programming.
He didn't think even the strongest Headdliners would be able to match Hugtrang in their abilities enough to satisfy her 'battle frenzy' nature, which all Fatimas have (to varying degrees).
Therefore she was required to find the weakest, most inept Headdliner as her Master.
This way, she'd always be pushed to her performance limits supporting her weak Master.

This is what I understand to be Hugtrang's "secret".
If somebody can help us understand Hugtrang better, I'd appreciate that a lot.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:40 am

What i know is that Hugtrang has an unique ability - all fatimas have fixed power gauges/abilities once they are "finalized" (i.e. stopped growth in their final stage), however Hugtrang has the ability to keep improving herself by learning.

Another 'trick' with her is that she looks for the weakest headdliner so that she's pushing her performance to the max possible - as mentioned by hitori. I guess Nagano's idea (iirc) is that doing this is similar to training to the max and "gaining the most experience in the shortest time".

These 2 unique features are meant to work hand-in-hand, so that her potential can rival or even surpass Clotho (theoretically).

Perhaps the secret is referring to the real identity of her master? Although it is no secret anymore (even from the beginning :D).
Looking for:

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:10 pm

Is W really that bad a headdliner physically? I though she was just a slacker teenager? Her older sister was like that too at one time was she not? Untill she seized on the goal of trying to "win" Amaterasu- and when she finally "lost" to Laki she reverted back and spent three years sulking in Kastempo...

Did Hungtrang get tricked into getting a better package than her programming called for?

And is there a reverse effect on the headdliner? Does Hungtrang drag them into being better headdliners?

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:48 pm

Wascha ranks pretty low on the Headdliner scale. Presumably she probably couldn't win in a fight against an average Headdliner. Headdliners of that sort never impress fatima thus they almost never get to pilot Mortar Headds (unless a nation is desperate and starts using Etriml's)

Of course, Wascha is still quite young, and she could grow more powerful as she gets older, just as Viewlard did. So nothing is set in stone as of yet.
Shinei!

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:10 pm

Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Wascha ranks pretty low on the Headdliner scale. Presumably she probably couldn't win in a fight against an average Headdliner. Headdliners of that sort never impress fatima thus they almost never get to pilot Mortar Headds (unless a nation is desperate and starts using Etriml's)

Of course, Wascha is still quite young, and she could grow more powerful as she gets older, just as Viewlard did. So nothing is set in stone as of yet.
Are we using the same power scale that had Lachesis ranked lower than a house cat and Rognar equal to a LED Mirage by himself? :D

How did she find Hungtrang anyway? Was Amatarasu or any of his aliases involved or was it just another convinent "accident".

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:58 pm

Although it hasn't been directly stated how they met, there is a side story set in a parallel world that ran in NewType from Oct 2004 through Dec 2004 which tells a version.
In that story they meet in Ballanche's mansion.