The L-Gaim Experience

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

The L-Gaim Experience

Post by Tachyon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm 10 episodes into L-Gaim (subtitled) and I'm certainly enjoying it. The connections to 5 Star Stories are undeniable. Nagano's mecha designs are really great and a departure from the common mecha designs of the 80's.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

DYNAKYRIS

Re: The L-Gaim Experience

Post by DYNAKYRIS » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:50 pm

The whole thing was like an ongoing year-long FSS Special Feature. I had to pick me up a Lecee & Lilith figure along the way.

(TRAFFICS is so a Euro/Jap version of the Daba/Amu/Colus/Ulicul thing. You'll see the L-Gaim HARD in future readings of The Stories...I can only imagine the ride it was for readers of NewType when they turned the page to see the full spread of BAT-SHU squaring off with the LED...)

Knowing L-Gaim is a great bonus to the FSS experience. Not a great show, but once you know it, you'll see its DNA everywhere in FSS (to borrow a concept from Ridley Scott about Prometheus).

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Episode 22 has a buster launcher! I never knew!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh yeah. Buster Launchers are in L-Gaim. I had an old issue of Animag that detailed L-Gaim, and this was before I knew very much about FSS (way back in like 1990) and it had details about L-Gaim and one of the things it talked about was Buster Launchers.

I have the whole series of L-Gaim, but I've only seen the first couple of episodes. I need to find time to watch it. Between kids and work, I'm usually pretty tired when I get home and I want to be alert when I watch it so I can catch all the references in it, because I'm that much of a nerd.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 pm

So many mecha and characters are shared between L-Gaim and 5 Star Stories. These 2 stories are really joined at the hip! I also see a lot of similarities between Z Gundam and L-Gaim. You can tell Tomino wrote them close together.