Questions about volumes 25/26--possible spoilers.

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:12 pm

Does that imply that Potar is ARCH Water Dragon Suire? as the only people in the room a moment before were Spector, Potar, Amaterasu and Lachesis.

When Spector (JOKER) goes off to find Potar (after gaining his 'human' form as percieved by Amaterasu Mikoto), you see the image of Suire as he moves through time and space.

Or am I looking too deeply into this?

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:32 pm

Just got my 25/26.
I've only flicked thorugh it, but the new ( printed in 91 but new to me anyway... )Siren and Vatshu designs in the back look amazing. I've never seen them before.
It seems like the FSS garage kit community (if there is one) has a lot of catching up to do.
I would have thought someone would have at least built the Orange Jagd by now...

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:13 am

Poseidal wrote:Does that imply that Potar is ARCH Water Dragon Suire? as the only people in the room a moment before were Spector, Potar, Amaterasu and Lachesis.

When Spector (JOKER) goes off to find Potar (after gaining his 'human' form as percieved by Amaterasu Mikoto), you see the image of Suire as he moves through time and space.

Or am I looking too deeply into this?
Now that you mentioned, indeed we see Spector and Potar following Sopp into the room where he met up with Laki. The next scene we see Joker and Suire(?). Joker looks different here, he has the forehead horn (like the LED dragon and LED Mirage) instead of the two horns when he first appeared to Mikoto. The brooms they were carrying now become their staffs. :twisted:

And yes, I've noticed Suire(?) in a 'bubble' in the scene where Joker travels in time. Notice that it is one of four 'bubbles', which is supposed to be the four elementals! They are supposed to return to wherever they came from, while Joker remains in the 3rd dimension. Makes me wonder now if this scene and the one above is actually Suire? However, it does make sense if we look at the Power Chart because Suire is below Joker.

The part about Potar being Suire, I'm not too sure, but Potar has an origin (unlike Spector), i.e. Potar is Morard's fatima. Also, Potar is supposed to 'teach' Spector about the world, if Potar is Suire, or is one of the elementals, then it wont make sense isnt it?

*confused now*
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:02 am

Here's a thought: If Spector is all knowing master of the jokerverse, he shouldn't need someone to show him around the world; what he means by this is he needs a companion to see the world with and witness Amaterasu, and since he's a divine being, Potar could be Morard fatima and Suire or another such being at the same time, as she was 'fixed' by Spector himself, rather than a traditional meight remaking her into an ordinary fatime.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:08 pm

Well here is a big shock...

From the plate caption for La Hurricane in English Vol 25, pg 60

"Chrome Ballanche's mother, created by Arsenic as one of his "Wind Fatimas."

Chrome Ballanche's MOTHER :shock: :!:

And what is the story behind kensai Harricone? A sword sage at only 58-and she only holds it the title for a year before dieing? Or did something else happen to her (early retirement? Became a mom?) And when I saw the "Illustrated Chronology of the Galaxy's Sword Sages" I hadn't made it to the plates at the back of the book yet- I mistook La Optical Typhoon for the knight (what with the headpiece and robes) and the little girl with the sword and big eyes for the Fatima! :oops:

And finally we get the "official" fatima lists... and the very intriguing entries for Focuslight and Neeb-"Parent body destroyed"- but nothing about being dead, who are they going to turn up as? Hopefully with a major power upgrade when they reappear, look at the gauges! C ratings in some catgories...yet InterCity beat Spalituda...and did so at something Spalituda had a 3A rating in.

Hydra Mirage

Post by Hydra Mirage » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:56 pm

Vol 25 & 26 are sooo good !
FSS just keeps getting better and better.

One question.
Fatima's are grown right ?
How are headliners created ?
Naturally ? If so are they then a headliner / human child ?

The whole section introducing Monarch Sacred is awesome.

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:54 pm

Tomexe wrote:"Chrome Ballanche's mother, created by Arsenic as one of his "Wind Fatimas."
Oh man, that is a big mistranslation.
Arsenic Ballanche is Chrome's mother.
La Hurricane is Arsenic's creation.
Tomexe wrote:And what is the story behind kensai Harricone? A sword sage at only 58-and she only holds it the title for a year before dieing? Or did something else happen to her (early retirement? Became a mom?) And when I saw the "Illustrated Chronology of the Galaxy's Sword Sages" I hadn't made it to the plates at the back of the book yet- I mistook La Optical Typhoon for the knight (what with the headpiece and robes) and the little girl with the sword and big eyes for the Fatima! :oops:
There's not much.
The only place this person is discussed in detail is in the Knight Flags.
I'll give you a summary.

The Kensei of Light.
Mother is Soprano Mellody, the first daughter of Colus I.
Changes last name to Nodelide(sp?) after receiving Kensei title.
Fatima: La Optical Typhoon
MH: Engage (later modified by Dr.Diamond and renamed Engage SR1)
Owner of the sword Male Kaienken.

Born JC 2560, decease JC 2619.
Holds the title of Kensei from 2619 to 2620.
Became the Kensei at a young age equivalent to Earth's 16 years old.

This is about it.
Don't know the reason of death, battle records, nothing.
It doesn't even really say if Harricone is a boy or a girl. AFIK :?
... and the very intriguing entries for Focuslight and Neeb-"Parent body destroyed"- but nothing about being dead, who are they going to turn up as?
Some suspect MXXXXXXX or AXXX. wink wink
Hydra Mirage wrote:One question.
Fatima's are grown right ?
How are headliners created ?
Naturally ? If so are they then a headliner / human child ?
Fatima are grown starting from DNA manipulation.
All Fatima genetic samples are derived from Nakandra Swans' DNA.
The really top Meights are unique in that although they follow the basic structure, can design their Fatimas from the DNA level.
This is why Fatima Meights are born, not taught, and their abilities to create life considered to be remnants of Luchemie Diver Power.

Headdliners on the other hand, are naturally born.
Because they were never genetically sterilized, their genetic information has been passed on through the generations and have somewhat "thinned".
So most people of Joker carry some Knight genes and able to produce children with Knight abilities.
The royalties on the other hand have tried to keep the strong Knight traits in the family through marriages and adoptions, so there is a higher chance for Knight offspring among royal families.

Even if a person is born with Knight capabilities, they are mostly partial and those who can become Headdliners (MH pilots) are rare.
These lesser Knights become outcasts because humans don't accept them and Knighthoods can't employ them because they are lacking in abilities.
We see many of these MH-less Knights all over the FSS series.

I don't know of any examples of Knights with regular children, but Jhon Weinziel is a Knight born in to non-Knight family.
This alienates him from neighbors and he ultimately had to leave to not cause his family further harm.
Last edited by hitori on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:01 pm

Harricone is a boy, a prince of House Melody, first son of Soprano Melody to be exact. :) The big sword is the one and only male Kaien Sword. Suspect Nagano's planning some "surprise" for his death?

Chrome Ballanche's mother, Arsenic Eiz Fates Balance X - only made 4 fatimas all her life. Notice Chrome Ballanche changed his last name after leaving his Dukedom. As for Focuslight, you should be able to find out who exactly is this fatima by now? The main hint is: Focuslight will always want a Pure Blood to be her master. :wink:

Hydra Mirage >

Headdliners are naturally born (usually :roll: Max is one exception), that's why they are getting rare, the blood is getting 'thinner'. However, it seems like the Chivalries of AD Century are 'created' by Empress of Flame.

I love The Chivalries chapter too, it revealed alot of secrets.
Looking for:

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:03 pm

double post.
sorry :?
Last edited by hitori on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:20 pm

hitori wrote:
Tomexe wrote:"Chrome Ballanche's mother, created by Arsenic as one of his "Wind Fatimas."
Oh man, that is a big mistranslation.
Arsenic Ballanche is Chrome's mother.
La Hurricane is Arsenic's creation.

Changes last name to Nodelide(sp?) after receiving Kensei title.
Wow, did the English version really said that?! :shock: Perhaps Nagano's weird way of writing confused the translator or something. Nagano likes to put alot of info into one sentence :roll:

BTW, now that you mentioned "Nodelide", could it be the title that Kaien received from Mugumika at the end of JP Vol 9? "Nodelide Chivalry"?
Looking for:

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:48 pm

Harracone is a BOY.. :shock: :evil:
Sarion looks more like a BOY than the person in that picture!

These books are put out by Toys Press- that is supposedly OWNED by Nagano himself right?

WHY is the translation so BAD!!! And the spelling! In the Fatima chart they keep spelling "deceased" as "diseased" :roll:

So Arsenic was Chromes mother? Why did she only build four? Was she as "affected" by fatimas as her son- she couldn't stand how they were being treated so she wouldn't build them, and that is where he got his ideas...and like her son would she built a illegal super-fatima as her final masterpiece.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:06 pm

I don't know of any examples of Knights with regular children, but Jhon Weinziel is a Knight born in to a non-Knight family.
There are a lot apparently. And Mission for the first 100 years or so of his life was not! And he was from a family of pure bloods.

The Meistner family were headdliners and now have had to marry in Mallory to have a headdliner.

The Fatima making process seems to have gotten almost to the point where the process that led to the creations of the headdliners in the AD era has been reproduced. If its possible to make all 3A fatimas, they are no different from headdliners in physical strenghth and a whole lot smarter and better able to interface with MS's. Thats why they are illegal.

It seems quite clear that headdliners- and perhaps divers too- were once manufactured in a very similar fashon to fatimas in the Joker era. Except back then they were constantly trying to get more power, and no restrictions were placed on their construction, like with fatimas. They were not allowed to reproduce for example-but it apparently was for quality control reasons- they were not sterile like Fatimas are, which is a security measure against them becoming independent (which is apparently what happened with headdliners in the AD era)

When you consider that Fatimas were made in part from the DNA of Swans, there is something of a circular, or cyclical pattern going on here.

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:13 pm

Oh yah, did anyone notice Urizen's reaction to the sight of Lie's death?
The flashbacks?

Do you suppose that Urizen Sie, is Panar's father?

hitori

Post by hitori » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:25 pm

Tomexe wrote:There are a lot apparently. And Mission for the first 100 years or so of his life was not! And he was from a family of pure bloods.
Yeah.
Apparently so, but I don't know of any specific case.
Kinda wierd, because that might be an interesting topic.
A non-Knight child with a Knight parent.
How would they feel about each other?
Tomexe wrote:Oh yah, did anyone notice Urizen's reaction to the sight of Lie's death?
The flashbacks?

Do you suppose that Urizen Sie, is Panar's father?
That was really sad, huh?

He is not the father...unfortunately for Uratzen. :D
The name of Panar Ex's father is mentioned somewhere.
I just can't remember it...

BTW, where do you see that Harricone is in fact a boy?

Poseidal

Post by Poseidal » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:31 pm

The Fatima making process seems to have gotten almost to the point where the process that led to the creations of the headdliners in the AD era has been reproduced. If its possible to make all 3A fatimas, they are no different from headdliners in physical strenghth and a whole lot smarter and better able to interface with MS's. Thats why they are illegal.

It seems quite clear that headdliners- and perhaps divers too- were once manufactured in a very similar fashon to fatimas in the Joker era. Except back then they were constantly trying to get more power, and no restrictions were placed on their construction, like with fatimas. They were not allowed to reproduce for example-but it apparently was for quality control reasons- they were not sterile like Fatimas are, which is a security measure against them becoming independent (which is apparently what happened with headdliners in the AD era)
I think only Chrome and Silver Ballanche can make such quality Fatimas, as something like BAAAB is an excellent Fatima in most cases and having 2A or better stats are national treasure quality.

Anyway, on AD Divers and HL/Chevaliers, Divers underwent design on themselves as the ruling classes, and were super mentalists; they say headliners were born of divers, and were produced with super strength and reflexes slower than that of the Diver ruling class. Also, the Divers controlled the Chevaliers through hibrains so they wouldn't go out of control. It's possible that Divers first emerged naturally and then amplified over years of development.