Some Scanning

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

levrin

Re: Some Scanning

Post by levrin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 am

Forgot all about that Scritti scan. Basically four sections talking about different things. A quick summary:

Top left: A-Toll MH info. 13 armor variants; each of the 12 regionally stationed squads has a variant plus A-Toll Silver for the imperial guard. Sparse and Skein squads are both stationed by the capital. The BS-type used by Sparse squad is one of the "big three" MHs of the cluster. Scritti type is particularly distinctive but Scritti Polity squad goes generally unpublicized because it specializes in covert ops. [Cross referencing with the Magic War troop positioning in Designs 3 p.148-9 indicates that squads 1-10 are on the ground, 11 is in space, and Scritti squad is unnumbered.]

Bottom left: A-Toll meight info. Maggy Colter is meight and meister for Hathuha MHs. Good enough that Ladios Sopp respects her skill. Responsible for A-Toll tuning and developing variants. Also did the restoration work for Empress and Kormals units.

Top right: Scritti variant info. Flat head keeps its height down a bit and accomodates an all-directional scanner. Side armor scales incorporate a variety of built-in combat equipment. Shoulders can be dislocated and folded forward for transport.

Bottom right: Feet info. MH can walk on the balls of their feet, so the heel isn't strictly necessary and pressure on the ground still isn't that bad. Maggy Colter's Scritti work demonstrated higher agility without heels, and now Amaterasu is testing it on Cross and Ruger Mirages.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 am

Thanks! This will be great to incorporate into the mortar headd pages.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:28 pm

I revised the etriml page and added Moonchild. I also added a color Knight of Gold image that I hadn't put online yet. I should add the LED and KoG fresco/art images but I'm going to wait until I have some text to accompany them. I'm afraid any text I make up would be too inaccurate.

I hope FSS fans like the work we've done for them. If I get any new FSS text profiles or translations I'll think about adding material but until then I'm going to focus on my boys' school projects.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.