Moderator: kosh

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: PROJECT: Internal Structure of MH

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:28 am

Tachyon wrote:I'd like to see some attention given to this page:
http://www.gearsonline.net/series/fives ... story.html
It looks bad right now. Anything we can do?

A Float Temple profile would be fun if we can provide some interesting information. Other than that, how about 3 more fatima profiles and a check on the Internal Structure article?

This week I'm working on adjusting the FSS pages. I have a new idea for site navigation that I think would be an improvement.
We need to re-work this section to mirror the new breakdown since the Reboot.
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 pm

A reminder: Sunday, June 17th starts my "break time." I'm going to scan some images from FSS Reboot volumes and see what can be done to bring up the FSS pages. If anyone wants to see something done, June 17 to Aug 12 is my available time. It would be great if we could post the Internal Structure of MH article. Also, I'm going to watch all the Dirty Pair anime and expand the Gears Online section for that anime.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:50 am

Unfortunately, I'm going to be very busy. Besides my normal 10+ hour job, my wife is going into surgery soon which means I'll be responsible for the housework AND kid-wrangling as well. I'll try and find time to do some posting on my days off, but I just don't know how much time I will have available.
Shinei!

levrin

Post by levrin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 am

I really should get back to translating, but I started playing Final Fantasy Type-0 in Japanese after giving up on waiting for an English release, and it's rather distracting.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Hello, levrin. We really appreciate the translation you're doing. My break time starts tomorrow so I'll be looking for what materials I have to work with. Also, there's a small page of Japanese text detailing the Scritti A-toll. I was hoping you could take a look at it. No commitments. I'll scan it this weekend.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Where are we on this project? Anything I need to do?

levrin

Post by levrin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:20 pm

I need to stop getting distracted by videogames and gunpla and actually translate those last two sections, then maybe edit some of the early ones a bit. Did we make a decision on Latin or English for body parts?

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

I'd like to see the parts noted in English. If that doesn't seem to work well we can discuss it.

levrin

Post by levrin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:08 am

I just defaulted to medical Latin for bone names in the beginning because this stuff is basically technical writing; either way is fine by me.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:19 am

It's Monday night and I've got the children tucked in their beds. With the time I have available tonight I'm going to start proofing levrin's translation. I've got Post-It Notes marking the pages of Smoke Walls since there are no page numbers. I'm hoping tonight will provide me with enough time to copy the translated pieces off the message board and organize them into "pages" that correspond with the book in my lap. Once I know what is what and where it goes, I'll start proofing and asking questions here if need be.

Thanks again, levrin, for providing a translation of what must have been a difficult piece. Thanks also to Nu Soard for keeping me up on everything and getting me moving.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:03 am

QUESTIONS
1) The 4th page of the article in Smoke Walls has a text box at the top right titled [Collar Bone and Drive System Assembly] with a line of bold text underneath it and 4 lines of text under that. I don't see it on page 181 of Designs 2. Was this text translated?

2) The 6th page of the article in Smoke Walls (Designs 2 pg. 182) has a block of text under [Setting Frame]. Was that translated?

3) The captions for the diagram on the page mentioned above, it looks like there's more caption text in Smoke Walls than in Designs 2. Have these 2 pages been compared? I'm having a very difficult time connecting captions between the two.

levrin

Post by levrin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 am

1. Didn't notice that one. The bold is just the Japanese header corresponding to the English text. The text below is says that this diagram is partially exploded and differently-colored for illustrative purposes and they all fit together more compactly in practice.

2. Similar to first, diagram is distorted for illustrative purposes, power cylinders all at full extension, etc. Also a reminder that this is for a Siren MH, specifically V Siren, and does not necessarily apply to Arcana Siren, Mirage series, and Mighty series since they use the more complex Piled Counter Tissue rather than standard Power Cylinders.

3. There do appear to be more labelled parts on the Smoke Walls page. I'll translate them.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:03 am

Thanks for your help. I'll continue on in pieces this week.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 am

I've collected the text and connected it with the diagrams in Smoke Walls. I've made notes and organized things. I have some questions below. I'll read through all text tomorrow.

QUESTIONS
1) On page 183 of Designs 2, upper left image, the upper left caption reads:
"Input/Output Bypass"
The 8th page of the article in Smoke Walls has the same image but the upper left caption has more text. What is it saying? Something about 12 centimeters and 1 micron?

2) Designs 2 page 185 is page 10 of Smoke Walls. There's some text in the lower left under [Control System Setup]. Was that translated?

3) Can we get a translation of page 186 of Designs 2? It isn't necessary to put the article online but it would sure be cool.

4) Designs 2 page 187/Smoke Walls page 12 - on the Smoke Walls page there's a paragraph in the bottom left corner. Was that translated?

5) Was the article text on page 13 of the Smoke Walls article translated? There isn't much. It corresponds to the Phantom pictures.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm starting to feel bad making so many demands but is there a chance we could get a translation of the captions on page 175 of Designs 2 (Terror Mirage)?