Empress Flame Alternative Look

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:00 pm

-deleted
Last edited by hitori on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:23 pm

hitori wrote:
Tachyon wrote:Fatima meight Prisen Corks. Is Prisen a chemical?
That's supposed to be Cokes as in coke: the crushed carbon mass that is used as fuel etc.
We all know Nagano can't spell. :D
hahah nice. i knew that the meights' names gotta do with chemicals and metals, but I didn't know about that one (cokes).

So Morard Carbyte? Carbonite? :?
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

hitori

Post by hitori » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:35 pm

-deleted
Last edited by hitori on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:06 pm

haha, i'm poor with element / chemical names. :P

What about Taizen Suzuka? She's a fatima meister right?

She's also a 刀匠 (should i say sword smith? I dunno the official name). Anyone has a list of all the swordsmiths (and their accomplishments if any)?

What other highly coveted professions are there? So far, we have:
- MH meights & professionals
- Fatima meights & professionals
- Swordsmiths
- Fatima suit considered :shock: ? Cyan is the popular one, although I know Arsenic Balance designed a suit for Optical Typhoon, and Ballanche for Laki, who else? And what other professions?

Also, I noticed a change in naming conventions. Last time, 5 signal bands were called Full meights, 4 = meight, 3 = meister. Now 4 bands is meister. :?
Looking for:

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:11 pm

*laughs* I thought prisen referred to the place where the criminals of society is stuffed into and left to rot.

I also thought the Goat mirage was often referred to as the Rouge mirage? If not, then what's the Rouge?

Another rather idiotic question, but it's been bugging me ever since I saw Est's name. Is it short for Establish or just a misspelling of East or is it actually "Est"?

S

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:24 am

Lalasa wrote:*laughs* I thought prisen referred to the place where the criminals of society is stuffed into and left to rot.
Ha! I never thought of it that way. :)
I also thought the Goat mirage was often referred to as the Rouge mirage? If not, then what's the Rouge?
Nay nay, my dear!

The Rouge Mirage is a special artillery MH that supports the LED's during assaults and two are assigned to help protect the Jagd Mirage during bombardments.

The Rouge Mirage is specially designed to carry a special weapon called a "Birarkema" (aka Biralkema) which is a rapid-firing heavy laser gun. The Rouge Mirage mounts 2 Birarkema's, VSBR-style (they sling under the Rouge's arm from a backpack mount). They draw power from a seperate power source (mounted in the backpack) so to not drain the MH's ezlaser engine and deprive it of maneuvering power.
The LED Mirage is also able to mount the Birarkema package, but it was mainly created for the Rouge's support role.
Another rather idiotic question, but it's been bugging me ever since I saw Est's name. Is it short for Establish or just a misspelling of East or is it actually "Est"?

S

This is not a "stupid question" as I've seen it written up as both "Est" and "East" in official literature. I've read that Est is short for Establish as well (though in less than official works)
Shinei!

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:36 pm

Oh, and here is a pic of the Rouge Mirage:

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/mh/rouge-mirage.gif
Shinei!

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:23 pm

hitori wrote:
Tachyon wrote:Fatima meight Prisen Corks. Is Prisen a chemical?
That's supposed to be Cokes as in coke: the crushed carbon mass that is used as fuel etc.
We all know Nagano can't spell. :D
And apparently Nagano's English translaters can't either. Would it kill them to use a dictionary? Or maybe like me, they're unable to get new computers and have machines that are so old they don't have spellcheckers built into it. But considering how well Toyspress is doing...:roll:

English book 1, page 45 showing Voard Viewlard telling a dusty Ladioss Sop, "You know? You are good looking boy. Kind of seductive."

Isn't there supposed to be a comma in between "looking" and "boy"? That or at least an "a" in between "are" and "good".

English book 11, page 66 in which a very anorexic Kellen says imperiously, "I am Princess Kallerna. As a child is was called Kalle Ka=ller=Kallen, and I am Amaterasu Mel Grande Eydas Fortune V." while bursting naked out of the head of Knight of Gold.

The "is" should have been an "I". Or they should have used a slash if they were trying to say Kellen is still using all of those versions of her name.

There are a lot more but I'm not going to bring them up. I get annoyed at typos like this. I doubt they had to leave out words or letters for lack of space in the dialogue bubbles. There are four people working to translate this thing, John Wisnom, Shirley Chen, Eiko Omori and Don Shay, and with that many eyes, it should have been enough to catch all the mistakes.
Nu Soard Graphite wrote:Oh, and here is a pic of the Rouge Mirage:

http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/mh/rouge-mirage.gif
Ah, so that's the Rouge. Why is there "AUGE" on it? Or am I just being nitpicky and again, Nagano's romanji is just that interesting?

*chuckles* I was thinking, since the Japanese language does not have a "V" (There is a new katakana created a few years ago specifically to address this problem, but it is not widely used.), but does have a "B" sound, maybe Voards name is supposed to be Boards?

S

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:26 am

The part where Kallen spoke of her identity is very complex :roll: She gave too much details, they almost lost me there LOL :D

Just like what you said, like the Machine Child example, it was meant to refer to Rognar, not Zoom. Guess the translators aren't too familar with the FSS world if not they wouldn't make such a mistake.

I remembered reading about the words AUGE on the Rouge. It's just there as a remembrance of that machine.

In japanese,
B = V
L = R

Rather, the right way to pronunce it is a cross between those.
Looking for:

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:06 am

-deleted

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:05 am

hitori wrote:Yes, she's a Four Band Fatima Meister.
The highlighted word means Tin(Sn).
She has a Metallic name although she's a Fatima Meister.
I think that is so because she is considered a Sword Meight.
She forged the "Crasher Blades" for Dr. Neutral's Mighty Series and the twin swords of the MH Black Knight.

Now the question is HOW DOES one forge an MH-sized blade?
Would you need to pilot an MH specialized for blacksmithing? :wink:
This has been a source for many jokes in the Japanese FSS communities.
Hahah, i guess Nagano haven't touched on the subject of "worker" MHs :roll:

The thing about sword smiths is that I cant find much to read about it. I was trying to see if they have similar ranking systems, and also what is their work scope - is it only swords or are they involved in other weapons and armors? What is the requirement to be a swordsmith, aka wat made them so special? Great strength? If so, then they must smith the MH swords with their bare hands too?! :shock: :twisted:

The characters at Izumo Astrocity are so highly talented. We have Diamond Neutral (Knight+Fatima Meight+MH Meight) and this Taizen Suzuka (Knight+Fatima Meister+Swordsmith). :shock: NewType phenomenon? :P
Other than her, there is Filmore's Abien Hitosai.
He's the one who forges Dupre Zen Atoll's sword.
Can't tell what his "metal name" is because his name's always written in kana instead of alphabet or kanji.
I found part of his name in kanji: アビエン・疋棟斎

He does not sport any Signal bands like the other meisters or meights. Also it seems like Mrs Cyan is not an ordinary fatima meister - she's only involved in fatima suit making?!

oops, we are moving off-topic now. sorry :P
Looking for:

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:10 am

Im sure there are some large factories that produce swords so no I dont think they don a worker-MH...atleast until Nagano says so :roll:

Mrs. Cyan is the creator of the style currently used by Fatimas in Joker, Plastics Style.

And yes this is OT :P

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:57 pm

-deleted

Mave

Post by Mave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:36 pm

Aah but I meant that just like Fatima meights, Sword smiths (or sword meights? :P ) may massproduce swords at factories and they may dispose of personal "factorylabs" that produce single masterpieces.

hitori

Post by hitori » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:29 pm

Mave wrote:Aah but I meant that just like Fatima meights, Sword smiths (or sword meights? :P ) may massproduce swords at factories and they may dispose of personal "factorylabs" that produce single masterpieces.
Well then...:roll:
The problem still remains.