Empress Flame Alternative Look

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tomexe

Post by Tomexe » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:49 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:what episode does Mel Rinse appear in ?
She gets one frame in the US Volume where Jabo Beat dies. Thats English Vol 23. There is also a flash back in English Vol 9 where Kain is struggling paryliser worm and thinking about who is responsible for making him a outlaw and having him in that predicament.

THAT Mel Rince though (shown posed with several of the Left Wing Mirage Knights) looks VERY different from the one who we see apologizing over Jabos body- who looks a LOT like Clotho while the older Rince looks naturally like a female Sopp. (taller than THE female Sopp but like a female version of the male Sopp)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:51 am

Hydra Mirage wrote:what episode does Mel Rinse appear in ?
She is mentioned from time to time throughout the tale, but she appears "in the flesh" (so to speak) in Japanese Volume 10 (English 25 or 26?) to help defend float temple from the black three.
Shinei!

Falk

Post by Falk » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:01 am

Rubel Colus wrote:When Amaterasu creates his aliases such as Rince or Agari, he's not doing it like the divers. Thus, he can move freely when his aliases are active. Also, his aliases look different from him. Amaterasu pretends to create his aliases like a normal diver.
Is it why he's in a bed in jp book 10 just before attack of the black three ? He's lying doing nothing pretending to be focused at 100% on his alias Mel Rince who's gonna fight against Vos ?

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:04 pm

Tomexe wrote:THAT Mel Rince though (shown posed with several of the Left Wing Mirage Knights) looks VERY different from the one who we see apologizing over Jabos body- who looks a LOT like Clotho while the older Rince looks naturally like a female Sopp. (taller than THE female Sopp but like a female version of the male Sopp)
I suppose that is a very early initial impression by Nagano, i.e. they are not finalized. Only Tin looks the same since he had already appeared in the same vol. Shaft looks totally different, Spark's face is different too. Kinki - well, she's covered all over so...

Falk wrote:
Rubel Colus wrote:When Amaterasu creates his aliases such as Rince or Agari, he's not doing it like the divers. Thus, he can move freely when his aliases are active. Also, his aliases look different from him. Amaterasu pretends to create his aliases like a normal diver.
Is it why he's in a bed in jp book 10 just before attack of the black three ? He's lying doing nothing pretending to be focused at 100% on his alias Mel Rince who's gonna fight against Vos ?
Yeah, coz Leopard Crysalis and Imara are around. Amaterasu seems to pretend so that other people will still think that he is just using diver powers, perhaps it is very hard for people to accept that he is a god. He also pretends in the end of JP vol 1 when his hair and pupil color turns back to normal (white hair, red eyes). He said that the 'medication effects' are fading off.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Lalasa

Post by Lalasa » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:53 am

I had a lot of things to say, unfortunately I could never get them posted for some reason. I also had questions, but...*shrugs* It's probably my computer. Ah well, I'll just say thanks to Rubel Colus and everyone else for straightening out the The Empress Flame and Empress of Flame....not to mention the fatima and headdliner for the Empress Flame.

S