Reboot First Impressions

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reboot First Impressions

Post by Tachyon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:44 am

Hello, everyone. I wanted to give my first impressions of the FSS manga reboot book 1 but first let me express my thanks to everyone. The FSS fans have continued to post and keep each other informed here on the message board. I wouldn't have learned about the Reboot Series if not for your updates.

Reboot One Lachesis is on the desk beside me now. It came in the mail today from Hobby Link Japan. It looks sharp! It is the same height, width and thickness as the original volume one FSS manga. It has the contents of the volume one manga. I haven't checked each page in detail but I've noticed a few things at first glance. There are 3 color page at the start that repeat images we've all seen before. The complete FSS timeline is at the front of the book now. Each chapter has one or two black and white page titled "The Early Design". These special insert pages show rough drafts of characters and machines from FSS as well as finished designs. I haven't noticed any new images but it is nice to see a line art version of the newest Black Knight mortar headd design. The rough draft for the Helmine mortar headd isn't nearly as nice as the finished design but it's fun to see it. My only question is the B Temple design on page 193. Is that from L-Gaim? Or is it a rough draft of the LED Mirage? Any information would be appreciated.

I got an extra copy for scanning but I don't think there are any images in here that would excite you. I'm looking forward to seeing the "extra" pages for future Reboot volumes. I wish you all well in securing your own copies. If there are any questions just let me know.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Rubel Colus

Re: Reboot First Impressions

Post by Rubel Colus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Some changes that I've noticed:

- Timeline JC 300 and 6800. Goat Mirage changed to XENOA
- Pg 43: little LC
- Pg 116: LC's dress color?
- Pgs 118 & 119: some insert pics are different

Many pages that were inserted into the old volumes are now removed and replaced by sleeve notes and "The Early Design" pages. And I totally agree with you about the old Helmine design, seems like the head design is linked to the Calvary Temple design (L-Gaim). Really liked the Early Design pages and those at the back of Reboot vol 1.

Blood Temple is originally a design under L-Gaim but it is the basis for LED Mirage. Same for Calvary Temple (KOG i think) and Emper Temple (Jagd Mirage) etc...

Check out the Automatic Flowers webpage now, you can see the new cover designs for Reboot 2 & 3! Love that pic of Clotho~~!
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:54 am

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:50 am

Thanks! I ordered my copy.

Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Thanks for the information. I doubt that I'll ever pick them up, being absolutely illiterate.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Fri May 13, 2011 1:50 am

Reboot book 2 arrived today. It's thick! It's most of books 2 and 3 of the original run of manga. A number of pages showing rough draft line art for mecha. I want to scan some when I have time to sit down and see if anyone can translate the notes on the pages. I'm definitely glad I ordered it. A number of mecha rough draft images I haven't seen before.

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Fri May 13, 2011 6:25 am

actually i much prefer Nagano-san continues serialization instead of getting reboot. oh well... :(

wps

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sat May 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Agreed Junchoon.

Personally I think reboot is a distraction for fans of FSS cause Nagano knows it's still gonna be another year or two before he gets back to the manga, so it's something to keep interest from waning (which I'm sure it already has somewhat)
Shinei!

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:01 am

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:16 am

I wanted to say thank you to all the people that keep me posted on new FSS products. I just ordered 2 copies of the #3 Reboot manga. I'm sorry I haven't scanned any pages from the first 2 Reboot books but I will do it. I spent hours this week updating and organizing FSS pages. I've created a breadcrumb navigation script that should help site visitors stay longer.

If anyone would like to submit profiles for FSS I'd be happy to put the pages together. More nations or characters would be great but other material would be reviewed as well.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:04 am

What we really need is information from the Designs series of books. We have a majority of the characters from the earlier works and it's the new stuff we need to update the site with. But any contribution would be appreciated, I'm sure!
Shinei!