FSS is not dead yet!

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Sulendil Zeta

FSS is not dead yet!

Post by Sulendil Zeta » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:43 am

A bit late for the news, but apparently Nagano is finally continue the epic FSS, starting with a 7-volume reboot series before releasing the 13th volume a year after the first release of the reboot. I heard rumours that says 13th will be the final volume, although I'm not sure about that, and with my limited Japanese, I can't really see Nagano saying anything about 13th other than its release date.

Yeah, good news overall! :)

Link: http://automaticflowers.ne.jp/

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FSS is not dead yet!

Post by Tachyon » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks for the update. This is certainly unexpected news. I'm wondering how this is going to play out.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:46 am

i seems to read that it means volume 1 to 12 will be combined into 7 volumes - this is the reboot part.

i think nagano meant that after vol 13, its current format (page wise) will be abandoned and follow the 7-volume's format. too many loose ends in the story line(s) to end at vol 13!

this is after reading the chinese fss facebook page. pls correct me if i am wrong.

wps

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:30 am

Many apologies for the long hiatus of the Five Star Stories.
Once production of the animated feature GothicMade is finished, work on the Five Star Stories will restart.
The Five Star Stories: Reboot is a commemorative edition printed for the Five Star Stories' 25th anniversary 2011, and was the result of a proposition made by Newtype.
Reboot is a compilation of the serialized material, published in the same format as existing Tankoben. Following serialization order, covers and top pages will be included at the beginning of each serialization chapter. All material that has been modified in the conversion to Tankoben format will be presented as-is when serialized.
To prevent user confusion, all terminology will be updated to the latest revision (e.g.ダムゲートコントロール for Dam-Gate Control, レッド-ミラージュ -> L.E.D-ミラージュ for LED Mirage). The latest revision uses the Design series as reference.
Readers may wonder about the future status of the existing Tankoben with the release of designs. This issue will be clarified hereafter, so there is no need for worry.
Reboot will sell alongside the 'Official' (existing) Tankoben temporarily.
Volume 13 is expected to be published about a year after serialization resumes. At that time, all Tankoben (up to and including 13) will be republished in the Newtype (serialization) format. All Tankoben published hereafter will also use this format.
Reboot is published in the smaller format identical to that of existing Tankoben; however, content is arranged predominantly by story chapter. Therefore, Reboot will condense the 12 existing Tankoben of material into 7 books.

Please wait just a bit longer for serialization to resume. I promise it will be satisfying to all.
Nagano Mamoru, 2010-12-18

-No news of D4.
-7 volumes published every 2 months ~ Feb 2010 is the promised date
-New models by Tani Akira (LED Mirage), Volks (Prominence and Neptune, Auge Arusqull, Jagd Mirage), Volks, etc. to be announced.
-Format of Reboot is B5 (JIS); Future volumes will be in B4 (JIS), as per Newtype. Note that English volumes are in B4 (JIS).
-Serialization chapter refers to each unit of ~32 pages in each Newtype magazine.
Story Chapter is as follows:
1: Destiny Lachesis
2: Clotho the Sleeping Witch
3: Traffics I
4: Wandering Atropos
5: The Chivalries
6: The Majestic Stand
7: Full Fragile
8: Monarch Sacred
...etc

junchoon

Post by junchoon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:30 am

thanks for the translation!!! :)

wps

errol

Post by errol » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:13 pm

[quote="Euhsung"]Note that English volumes are in B4 (JIS).[/quote]

WOW, didn't see this one coming. This is awsome news!!!!!

Does this mean there is going to be an official re-release of the english translations with the new revisions/name corrections?

Bring on GTM already 8)

Taka-Tahu-Nuva

Post by Taka-Tahu-Nuva » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:22 pm

errol wrote:
Euhsung wrote:Note that English volumes are in B4 (JIS).
WOW, didn't see this one coming. This is awsome news!!!!!

Does this mean there is going to be an official re-release of the english translations with the new revisions/name corrections?
Huh? No. Euhsung said that the future Japanese volumes will be in the same size as the ones that have been released in the US a few years ago (which is the Newtype size).

And thanks, Sulendil Zeta, for reposting what I said at Mechatalk. :P I'm not %100 sure 13 is going to be the final volume, but like Euhsung translated, it does say on some sites that "all 13 volumes will be republished in the Newtype format" - whether there are going to be more after the 13th volume remains to be seen.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:09 am

By The Gods! It's about damned time Nagano. I'd almost given up on you and was about to start searching for a new obsession.

So they are "rebooting" the series by just changing the terminology to match according to the current setting? Got no problem with that. Consistency is good. This shouldn't change any of the events, just tie things together nicely, right?

and no news on Designs 4 yet huh? Well us long time FSS fans are used to this kind of treatment.

I also cannot wait for GTM. Bring it on!
Shinei!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm wanting Designs 4. How long does a guy have to wait for new mortar headd designs?
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

CrusherJ

Post by CrusherJ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Wonderful news! Thanks for doing the translation and posting, so awesome!!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:34 pm

This new Reboot series is not just the reorganization of the volumes and new terminology.

FSS is first published in Newtype, then some frames will usually be changed (re-drawn) or taken out before it makes it to the tankouban. Examples are those from the emperor rescue mission esp the ground troops story, and the pics where Spector and Potar show their "true" forms, etc etc. We get to see some of these in the Tales of Joker series, but it was not complete and TOJ is no longer publishing. We also get to see some of these in small insert images in FSS Outline.

Also, there are usually cover pages printed in the Newtype that didn't make it to the tankouban too. What we have in the chinese and the english versions are the same as the japanese tankouban, i.e. different from the original serialization in Newtype.

Reboot will be the collection of these original frames and cover pages of FSS just like what was first published in the newtype serializations. Except that new terminologies will be used, and the size will be shrinked to B5 size.

For the hardcore fan who does not own all the original FSS serializations from NT magazine, this is very exciting news because we will finally get to see the original frames that were removed.
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:13 am

Rubel Colus wrote:This new Reboot series is not just the reorganization of the volumes and new terminology.

FSS is first published in Newtype, then some frames will usually be changed (re-drawn) or taken out before it makes it to the tankouban. Examples are those from the emperor rescue mission esp the ground troops story, and the pics where Spector and Potar show their "true" forms, etc etc. We get to see some of these in the Tales of Joker series, but it was not complete and TOJ is no longer publishing. We also get to see some of these in small insert images in FSS Outline.

Also, there are usually cover pages printed in the Newtype that didn't make it to the tankouban too. What we have in the chinese and the english versions are the same as the japanese tankouban, i.e. different from the original serialization in Newtype.

Reboot will be the collection of these original frames and cover pages of FSS just like what was first published in the newtype serializations. Except that new terminologies will be used, and the size will be shrinked to B5 size.

For the hardcore fan who does not own all the original FSS serializations from NT magazine, this is very exciting news because we will finally get to see the original frames that were removed.
I thought that it was going to be printed in "B4" size, which is the same as Newtype and the English version?

Yes, this is good news for us fans. I would just about give my left nut to get ahold of the material that's been cut from newtype. I have some Newtype magazines from over the years, but by no means is it a completel collection.
Shinei!

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:11 pm

iirc, D4 will be totally different format compared to D1~D3 and may probably be titled differently too. Supposedly, D4 and the new FSS manga will start when GTM is released, and recently it was announced that GTM will be released in 2011. So, latest is probably next year?

The new reboot books will be the same size as the existing japanese tankouban, i.e B5 (NT shrinked). But moving forward, new tankouban will be released in NT size.

------------------------------
First Campaign figure modeled by Akira Tani

10cm tall figure of LED Mirage completed and fully painted.

Require: coupons from the first 3 reboot volumes, and either NT April or NT July (total 4 coupons)

And of course, ONLY IN JAPAN. :?

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/fivestar/

(prototype pics)

Second campaign will be KOG figure...
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)

CrusherJ

Post by CrusherJ » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 am

Hey Rubel Colus, do you know what's become of the MH Genealogica line?

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 am

Release schedule is out with Newtype 2月号:

2011/2/10 Reboot ① LACHESIS
2011/3/10 月刊 Newtype 4月号 goess on sale with FSS special
2011/4/10 Reboot ② CLOTHO
2011/6/10 Reboot ③ TRAFFICS
2011/6/10 Newtype 7月号 goes on sale with FSS special
2011/8/10 Reboot ④ ATROPOS1
2011/10/10 Reboot ⑤ ATROPOS2 (BOTH 2992 got split in 2)
2011/12/10 Reboot ⑥ THE CHIVALRIES
2012/2/10 Reboot⑦ THE MAJESTIC STAND 1

Reboot ① LACHESIS will also have special details of Blood Temple from L-Gaim, which was the prototype of LED Mirage.