my own Mortar Headds

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

sledgeviper

my own Mortar Headds

Post by sledgeviper » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 pm

hello, everybody, i just joined today.

been rather lonely out there for quite some time, soooooo few peopel know of FSS... but, i didn't come to chat about FSS kits, or anything else from the series, i wanted to show everyone my own Mortar headd creations on deviantart. why? cause there are so few people out there that appreciate the style =L... on top of that, i'm on of the few people on deviant art that actually do Mortar Headds like nagano does, and i'd like more recognition than what i'm getting. so, i went here for more attention XD

sledgeviper.deviantart.com

one minor disclaimer, a majority of the suit are unfinished. i usually draw the arms last, cause i want to make sure the leading design works. but, i've also been suffering depression because of the way the economy has turned out, and my family was one of those poor fools that got a bad loan on the mortgage, so fighting over a home often leaves a person in a uncreative mood.

enjoy!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: my own Mortar Headds

Post by Tachyon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:12 am

Very nice work. I like what you've done. I'll look forward to more in the future.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

Mr March

Post by Mr March » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

We FSS fans are out there :) Thanks for sharing. Your pictures show promise. I particularly like the Nightmare design.

If you're struggling to find people that recognize your work, I can offer a few general words of advice. As a rule, the public prefers looking upon finished art. The public is used to sharp, vivid artwork in hard lines and thus they will expect to see that level of quality. Rough pencil or concept art, even if it's colored, is typically only interesting to pre-existing hardcore fans. I'd suggest finalizing at least one or two of your designs, ink them and then given them some colors. People will be much more inclined to view them in that format and they will also have no inhibitions sharing your art with other potential appreciators.

RainOfSteel

Post by RainOfSteel » Sat May 14, 2011 8:26 pm

I know it's posting fairly late after the discussion took place, but I can only say that I am as happy to look at line-art as finished full color work.

I liked what I have seen and forwarded links on to friends.