Are there Scanlations of Book 11 and 12?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

Soap and Rinse

Are there Scanlations of Book 11 and 12?

Post by Soap and Rinse » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Hey all,

I've been scouring the net for scanlations of Books 11 and 12 (from the Japanese number). So far I found the first 73 pages of Book 11, which was sometimes called book 27 (which is what it would be by English number).

On gears, the only thing I could find was a translation of Prima Classe.

Is there anything else? I know there was a lot of discussion about translation, has anything happened? Does anyone know where to look?

I have the Japanese Tankoban so if there is just a text translation even that would be great.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Re: Are there Scanlations of Book 11 and 12?

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:18 am

I think thats about it.

That project was started some time ago, got up to 73 pages and well...didn't go any further, which is sad. I think people's interest in FSS is waning because the author is taking so long with his new animation and seems to be ignoring FSS for now (aside from the occasional Designs release) so once he starts publishing the manga in Newtype again, interest will peak once more.
Shinei!

Soap and Rinse

Post by Soap and Rinse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks, Nu.

That's what I feared. GTM looks pretty great, but I hope Nagano comes back to FSS when he's done.

BTW, Nu, I was reading some old posts in the archives, and I really appreciate what you put into the forums. I've pretty much been a troll on here since wax trax died (i don't even remember my tag back then, and I've had a few on gears), but I've been reading most of the discussions since then, and learned a lot from your analyses. Your theory on Taika being the past and the future was fascinating.

-soap and rince

Nu Soard Graphite
FSS Scholar
FSS Scholar

Post by Nu Soard Graphite » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:13 am

Thanks S&R. I'm flattered when someone appreciate my posts. Feel free to post any questions or theories of your own. The more people we have posting the better. Sometimes all it takes is one thoughtful question to drum up activity around these boards...at least for a little while.
Shinei!

Euhsung

Post by Euhsung » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Falk wrote:I found an *.rtf file on my HDD, with the translation of the first 23 pages of JP book 12. It's more a tease than a relief but hey :P
Saved from WaxTrax I guess, dated from june 2003 :roll:

I can't name the courageous soul who did it though (but if he's on this board he's welcomed to pursue this holy task, tee-hee :P )

I also have *.rtf files of the summaries of books 2 to 9, if anyone's interesting.

Soap and Rinse

Post by Soap and Rinse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Cool!

I'll take whatever I can get of book 12!

Thanks a bunch, Euhsung, for this and your work on the second half of book 11!