Mel Rince vs Kaien

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

MASARU

Mel Rince vs Kaien

Post by MASARU » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:46 pm

When does the scene where Rince stop Kaien from killing Ballanche occur? Does it actually happen on camera anywhere?

Mel Rince doesn't appear very often so I was curious about this episode.

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mel Rince vs Kaien

Post by Tachyon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm

As I recall, it doesn't occur within the manga but at one point a character remembers it.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

CrusherJ

Post by CrusherJ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:10 pm

It's part of a flashback from Book 14 (Eng) I believe when the headdliners in Hell Tower attempted a coup. Kaien and Auxo came to help Lachesis (though she didn't need it since she easily defeated her opponents). Lachesis noticed Queen's "scent" or essence on Kaien and he was explaining part of his past with Queen to her. There's one frame where it shows Kaien on his knees with both arms cut off, somebody (can't remember who) trying to shield him and Mel Rince standing over him. I'm sure one of the FSS scholars here will be able to give you a far more detailed explanation and clear up anything I may have gotten wrong.

Rubel Colus

Post by Rubel Colus » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:48 am

MASARU wrote:When does the scene where Rince stop Kaien from killing Ballanche occur? Does it actually happen on camera anywhere?

Mel Rince doesn't appear very often so I was curious about this episode.
The story was never told in detail, just bits of information about it. There was no date given for the event, but I would deduce and assume that it could have happened during the end of Kaien's first term as the Sword Sage.

JP vol 6: Kaien tells Lachesis that after he realized that Queen was his surrogate mother, he was so angry with Chrome Ballanche that he wanted to kill him, but was stopped by Mel Rince.

JP vol 7: After Auge Aruulsqul was defeated by Allen's Apache, Atropos and Sopp escaped into the particle accelerator, Atropos was talking to Sopp about their memory of him. Here's the picture we're talking about:

Characters 10: Knight Flags: Mel Rince used the technique Calvary Blade on Kaien and slashed his arm(s) off.

Actually this topic was discussed several times in the past. U may want to search the forums for more. ;)
Looking for:
- FSS Eng Vol 1(Black cover)