n00b alert: Printed works list?

Discussion of FSS manga, movie and omake

Moderator: kosh

envirion

n00b alert: Printed works list?

Post by envirion » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi, I'm new. I was introduced to FSS through a cosplay buddy of mine and I'm hooked!

Being new, I'm kinda confused at all these books floating around. Is there a comprehensive list of printed works out there? Maybe with a summary? I've seen the wiki article on FSS and it lists the English language manga as volumes 1-26. Is this all there is so far? (I've seen forum posts here that mention ownership of vol. 27?)

What is the "Tales of Joker" book series?

Thanks in advance for any time and help!

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: n00b alert: Printed works list?

Post by Tachyon » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Five Star Stories books have been coming out for years. The manga in Japan goes through volume 12. Volumes 1 through 10 were translated and released in the U.S. as issues 1 through 26.

The Tales of Joker series is kind of like a magazine. It collects the manga that was shown in Newtype Magazine (Japan edition). I only bought one issue because I liked the cover.

The Characters series of art books has 11 volumes. These books vary widely in appearance and physical size. Knight Flags is Characters 10 and Smoke Walls is Characters 11.

F.S.S. Designs 1 through 3 are newer art books and worth getting.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

envirion

Post by envirion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Eep, sorry for the late reply. ^^;;

I see, I see...
Thank you very much for clearing that up! :D

helor

Post by helor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:16 am

Hi I'm new here...been trying to track down FSS for a few years but alas, much of it didn't even make it to Australia before going out of print.

Since they announced the publication of the Reboots (fingers crossed it actually happens...and gets picked up for english translation) I've given up on trying to complete my collection of the english manga...so I'm looking at artbooks because in all honesty...I just love his character designs.

Any advice on which ones to buy? It sounds like there's a fair amount of overlap between all the artbooks. Should I just stick with the 3 FSS Designs books or is it worth trying to track down all the Characters books??

Tachyon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tachyon » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:33 am

The 3 FSS Designs art books give a great selection of Nagano's character art. If you're not concerned about a complete collection, you'll do fine with just those 3 books.
If you don't like the news then go make some of your own.

helor

Post by helor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:37 am

Awesome. My local shop has been able to order 2 and 3, but 1 seems to be out of print. Time to start trawling ebay and amazon again I guess haha